Hi can buyers get refunds if the the tracking has been delivered and not received

JUst wanted to know I posted a item with tracking and the tracking said delivered to that address can this person get a refund when it was sent to her please

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Hi can buyers get refunds if the the tracking has been delivered and not received

What does your return policy state?
Why do they want a refund?
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Under Paypal rules, if the tracking shows as delivered then Paypal will refund the buyer, but not with your funds. However if the buyer lodges a dispute under eBay's Money Back Guarantee, there's no telling what eBay will do. You, as the seller, SHOULD NOT have to fund the refund because tracking is showing as delivered.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

The buyer is claiming not received. It does not matter what the seller's return policy is if buyer is claiming not received.
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

If the item is showing as delivered then no you won't have to refund. The buyer should also chase it up with australia post.
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@designers*n*more wrote:
The buyer is claiming not received. It does not matter what the seller's return policy is if buyer is claiming not received.

If the buyer goes to paypal with item not received, all the seller has to do is give paypal the tracking number and the buyer wont get anything.

Hence why i asked what the op's return policy was.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

This has got me wondering about the uploading tracking numbers situation.  I have only ever uploaded tracking through ebay.  Should I be uploading tracking to both Paypal (if the item is actually paid through PayPal) AND ebay?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

It doesn't matter what a sellers return policy is because ebay has 30 day MBG and PayPal has 180 days

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

You'd think because PayPal receive all relevant details regarding a sale/purchase a tracking number would be included in the details but no it isn't.

I have only added tracking through ebay and so far so good.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, well aware of that, but untill the op clarify's why the buyer wants a refund its going to be guessing.

ie: my guess was buyer got goods and wants a refund.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply