Hi,has anyone said they have not received an item you have sent and when you check it is a different

Hi, i think there is a scam going on in ebay where someone purchases your item and you send it to the address that comes up on the invoice and then two to thrree weeks later they say they did not receive the item and when you go onto view purchse detais the address is completely different and pay pal give them a refund.

Michele
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,has anyone said they have not received an item you have sent and when you check it is a different

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is no scam.

The seller is supposed to send the item to the address given to them on the paypal advice if they want seller protection.

If you have sent it to the ebay address then it is possible that is not where the buyer wants it sent.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

As mentioned, ALWAYS send to the address in the PayPal payment notification.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

When you receive the item sold notification it will show the delivery address as either the seller's primary delivery address or the last delivery address they used, it will also show under the order detail. Never use that address unless the buyer has completed checkout and you check the address showing is the same. Sometimes (quite often in my case) a buyer will change the address in checkout and that is the address that is passed on to Paypal and will, in future, show in the order details. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Ignore the address in the your item sold email. Once the buyer has paid, either check the email sent from PayPal or click on view order details. If you don't send to that address in the order details after payment, you lose your seller protection. There are buyers who will take advantage of it. It's not a scam, it's just buyers rorting the system.

I nearly always get parcels sent to Mr Tippy's work place. That is because it's not uncommon for parcels to be stolen from my front door. I can't even trust SOD because they leave them anyway. The last few months I've had several sellers who should know better, send them to my eBay address, which is my home address. If I was one of these unscrupulous buyers, I could have easily said the items didn't arrive. There is nothing the seller could have done as they lost their seller protection by not sending it to my PayPal address. Lucky for them, I'm not one that rips people off. 

Only send to the PayPal address, even if a buyer asks you to send to a different one.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As others have said ALWAYS make sure you use the PayPal address given AFTER checkout has been completed.
We always use the address shown in the Sales Record AFTER checkout/payment is complete as this is always the correct address to mail to, even when they pay by bank deposit.
NEVER use the address given by the item sold email you get from eBay as there is a very good chance it may not be the same as the one they provide during checkout.
Also if you do not have tracking to prove you sent the item and/or it was delivered then you are doomed to lose an INR case even if the address used was correct.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Always go by the PPal address! For reasons already stated above. I occasionally buy things for my granddaughter & have them posted direct to a rural Vic address; Though I live in metro Melb.

I just change the shipping address when I go to pay via PPal. I've never had a problem with this; But I'm not entirely sure which address the seller sees when I have completed checkout & go to PPal; As I always pay straight away.

I do get the occasional unsolicited seller email calling me by my granddaughter's rather old fashioned name though! For the record; My name isn't Norah! (Though mine is similar when spelled backwards - except a different letter where the H is!)

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

I do get the occasional unsolicited seller email calling me by my granddaughter's rather old fashioned name though! For the record; My name isn't Norah! (Though mine is similar when spelled backwards - except a different letter where the H is!)

Do we have Royalty on the boards now "Baron Redders" ??????      original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply