HongKong seller very dishonest!

I returned 5 plastic balls of hair product cream to seller in HongKong after parcel arrived with no packing around pots ,two leaked out everywhere and a thid had oils floating on top with sediment pieces floating in it....see thru plastic bottoms:) and instead of sweet strawberry aroma ,these smelt like old oily chemicals!

Seller told me to send back to a post Office addy that was on the Customs  sticker so I did on 4th August,I have had numerous contacts with him and he doesn't say much at all, I keep asking him to check post office for parcel,he doesn't reply to me and then when I handed this to PayPal dispute section,they told me to send back to a different address ???

Paypal have been trying to contact him,he won't answer their emails. or mine to say he has parcel.

I've sent him receipt and proof of posting but he ignores me,only sending back emails saying thankyou for sending.

Today I was talking with payPal and Justin told me that a lot of dishonest sellers have multiple addresses to escape scrutiny and

unfortunately instead of getting back &5.00 for these goods,they may re-imburse me $35.00 ??Hello??

I know I'll never get the airmail postage of $au26.00 back but thought I'd be re-imbursed the total amount of auction by PayPal...duuh!

Seller is <Removed> and sells DumbBlonde Smoothing Stuff in balls,do not buy from him.

another thing I['ve noticed was in his negs feedbacks,a buyer has said this seller hangs out till closure date of PayPal dispute and doesn't answer...very cunning seller here!

Louise Piazza

Kalgoorlie West Oz

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: HongKong seller very dishonest!

You can't name and shame buyers or sellers in the forums. As you can see, the mods have removed the sellers name. It wasn't hard to find them though via the description. Seems a lot of people have had issues with leaking pots too. Love the feedback you left!

I hope you manage to get some resolution in your favour. Given the shipment was faulty, I'd be demanding the $26 for the postage refunded too. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If you had lodged an item not as described in PayPal and contacted PayPal to say that returning these leaking items would most likely be against Australia Post policies they may have just refunded you with having gone through all that trouble of returning the items .

You should have lodged a claim at least and waited for PayPals instructions who would have given you an address to return the items to , not some return address on a parcel which could be false anyway .

Then again the whole thing may have saved you from using something on your hair that could have had disastrous results , who knows what chemicals are in that product ? It may certainly not comply to AU standards .

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I love my sheep....thanks for letting me know this,I honestly had no idea about it because years ago when I used to sell on eBay,we could name this type of seller AND we could see other buyers names in the feedbacks too....all of this is now white washed and private...darn!

Any bad seller should be named and shamed in my opinion.

Unfortunately ,I won't get any postage returned by seller and indeed I doubt that he ev en picked up the parcel fromthe PO address he gave me.

PayPal have been excellent in guiding me,listening to me and helping but seller never contacted their emails and PayPal told me these sorts of sellers over there in Asia always have different addresses to exploit the buyer and most likely has never been tio the address at PO to pick up the parcel!

PayPal have ruled in my favour following a statement from my local Aust.Post manager here ,along with a copy of the receipt of posting but will only give me back $35.00 but that's better than nothing.

Thankyou for listening to me 🙂

Louise

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Hi jerryman12a,my reply was meant to be for you too as well as I- love- my- sheep above but thankyou for caring enough to reply to me,

Louise

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

. Ebay should remove this horrible seller. I couldn't believe how many bad feedbacks. 44 in the last 12 months.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Louise, did Paypal indicate to you why they would only refund the amount of $35 and not the $75 which you originally paid? I wonder if they were only able to recover $35 from the seller's account which is why they are only paying you that much. If so, I wouldn't be satisfied with that decision.

If you're also unhappy with the decision, you can always inform Paypal that you will be taking up the matter with the Financial Ombudsmans Service at https://fos.org.au/ and there is every chance that they will reverse their decision and make a discretionary payment for the entire amount of $75 (but not the return postage, of course).
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply