Hopeless CS and case dispute process

A couple of days ago I started a thread about a buyer who opened a case on the 11th May because her item was not delivered when expected. The tracking number was in the order and the item was actually delivered the same day as her opening the case. I assumed that re-adding the tracking number to the case would automatically close it, but no.....the case still had not resolved 24 hours later (on the 12th) and the case status said "waiting on buyers response . Later that day, I got a message from Ebay, thanking me for "using tracking" and that the case had been resolved in my favour and that there was nothing more to do.

Or so I thought.

On the 13th May, the case was still open and still "waiting for buyers response".

On the 14th of May, I got another  message that the buyer had contacted Customer Support to "escalate the case" and that they would let me know the outcome.

This morning I finally got a message saying the case was closed in my favour. I clicked on the case details and there is a cheeky message from CS, saying that whilst the item was delivered, I had sent it outside my stated handling time and to be careful in future.

My handling time was 3 days. She ordered on the 28th April and I sent it on the 30th.

Honestly, the mind boggles.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Hopeless CS and case dispute process

Not to be unkind ** but the first line of ebay CS has not got a clue.

** It is not their fault that ebay's only requirements are they are almost english literate and they are dirt cheap to run.

Lets also not forget ebay management are deluded enough to think they are a cutting edge technology company.  All ebay bosses care about are bonuses and huge payouts when they are let go.

Having started around the same time there is a reason the stock market thinks ebay is worth about 40 billion and amazon 1600 billon. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply