How Can I become a Trading Assistant? I have an Ebay Store and want too become a trading assistant.

kath8339
Community Member

Hello,

I tried to see how i could become a Trading Assistant for ebay or for other ebay users, however i couldn't see any information.  Can somehelp lead me in the right direction so that i understand what is involved in becoming a Trading Assistant and how do i go about doing this?

Thankyou for your help.  I want to learn EBAY and become really good at it.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

How Can I become a Trading Assistant? I have an Ebay Store and want too become a trading assistant.

kath, I think you would requir a higher sell thru rate than you currently have to become a trading assistant

your photos are not very good / professionall looking , you do not include measurments in your clothing listings, and with 10 days posting time, way too long for most buyers.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Some of your points about the photo's and such are valid and yes feedback is good.

I look forward to other people's positive comments, feedback and honest answers.   The question above was How can i become a trading assistant?  I expected a general outline or steps of how i could get the information i needed.

Have a great day.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

putney32 is on the money.

All of their points are valid.

However...

With the help of Google (www.google.com.au/) I found this

Getting started as a trading assistant

http://pages.ebay.com.au/tradingassistants/becoming-trading-assistant.html

Best of luck with your endeavours.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Putney is right, as usual.

In order to sell goods for others, especially as a trading assistant (where you are doing the listing, photographing, despatching, and processing of returns), you will need credibility. This will include exemplary listings for yourself, realistic postage timeframes, and a good track record.

i doubt too many people will trust you with their goods (even though you are the one going to cop the bad feedback) if you aren't above average.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

You meet the qualification to register as an assistant, so why not try it out? You strike me as the kind of person who wants to dive in quick and make the most of your time. I like this kind of attitude - it represents drive. But, success is up to you.

Prove you can meet the requirements to meet those requirements for whose ever product you wish to push, and you will do well. I can't comment on your status one way or another at this stage, and I myself am still new to the game. But, all the more power to you, and all the best of luck.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

You asked the ebay community for help to become a Trading Assistant.  Part of becoming a TA is being able to sell items and sell them well.

At the moment your own selling ability is almost non-existant...your sell through rate is very low and your listings leave a lot to be desired, both in photos and descriptions.

If you jump in now and manage to get a few clients you may well find that transactions go pearshaped because of your lack of experience and your feedback will plummet.  It is almost impossible to recover from bad feedback in the early days of trading and sellers are often advised to close the account.

I suggest you look to your own selling for now and build up a good reputation for selling your own items before you try and attract clients to sell for.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

kath, you asked how to become a TA.  I told you what the fundamentals were, and how you would fail on almost every level.

look at your listing for jeans and then look at a few other jeans listings and read this  excellent eBay guide.

you'll soon get what I mean.

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Plus-Size-Jeans-Buying-Guide-/10000000177673377/g.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

You're all doing a great job but sometime you need a more softly softly approach.  At least that's what I think.

Joono
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

It's nice to see you posting here again J*oono. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply