How absolutely abhorrent it is that eBay freely gives 5000 listings to a novice seller.

Hi Sellers,

Do you consider it completely unfair and unjust that we pay eBay so much money to keep our stores and they just offer (willynilly) sellers who have barely any feedback 5000 free listings before Christmas. I mean, how abhorrent are ebay's business ethics are after we pay them so much money in sellers fees and yet an ebay member (who has purchased only 4 items) is treated with more dignity than us? I just do not understand Smiley Sad

This is another example of the dogmatic approach eBay has towards its loyal sellers.

http://mail.ebay.com.au/r/mail/4d27II3ab29II190d5bdee38II1

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

How absolutely abhorrent it is that eBay freely gives 5000 listings to a novice seller.

It doesn't worry them. If eBay gives this incentive to newbies, then those newbies will become eBay's new loyal sellers. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Just use these incentives to make your business better! I think it would only upset if I didn't get the benefits too.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

That makes no sense whatsoever. 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

BTW Ok...We do not get the same incentive. To explain it. I had a shopload of items to sell. Maybe say...500 items. Ebay limited me to 80 items. I begged them to allow me more items to list before Xmas as I needed to get rid of all of it and it was my only chance to sell the toys. So they say get 30 more feedback, (on top of my 285) and they will perhaps increase my limit. So here I am, annoyed, and sweating on getting 30 feedback. 

To cut a long story short, 40 feedback later, I get to list up to 270 items.....ooooo WooooW! in the meantime, my friend just started a new ebay site. No store. buys 4 items. Ebay limits her to 50 items. Then, all of a sudden 5000 FREE LISTINGS before Xmas. 

Me, $440 in ebay fees later, is allowed a measely 270 items to list / relist as a limit. 

The principle of this story is, I am not listing any more toys on the very dogmatic corporate approach ebay has to sellers. 

Riddle me this, riddle me that...Go figure....

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

just because your friend got the 5000 free listings does not mean she gets to use them all

she can only list up to her pre determined selling limits for the given month she will only be able to use to her 50 listing limit.

I think for a new seller that is 10 a month, but I think in some circumstances like linking a credit card or linking to another established ID you can get that increased to higher...

I think it is 100 listings and/or $7500

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

From the fine print of the terms and conditions of the offer - ya have tyo read the fine print and you have to read all of the terms and conditions of everything.

What is excluded?

• This Promotion does not apply to “Excluded Categories” which include Businesses for Sale (11759), Aircrafts (63676), Boats (26429), Caravans/Motorhomes (32633), Cars (29690), Motorcycles (32073), Trucks/Commercial Vehicles (6049), Real Estate (10542), Services (316), Flights (3253), Tickets (1305), Travel (3252) and Vouchers/Gift Certificates (109191)
  • Final Value Fees, Feature fees, and other fees set out at eBay.com.au are still applicable.
  • For listing in 2 categories, standard rates will be charged for the second category.
  • Sellers with listing restrictions will still be restricted by their listing restrictions and will not be able to participate.
  • Sellers whose accounts do not meet eBay’s minimum performances standards are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
  • Listings that contravene eBay's policies or do not otherwise comply with all of these Terms and Conditions are excluded.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Are you absolutely sure about that? Why is she listing more on hers than I have on mine now? Hmmm! 

You think????? You think???? 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

nah, I just made it up.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Yes, I understand you. I have the restriction too. I begged eBay for weeks but only got copy and pasted responses from "lovely" eBay staff.
What I meant was... Use whatever you have to your advantage. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. eBay offered 5000 listings to everyone. Take it and use it. We all know that eBay tries to scab every cent out of sellers.. What more can we do but to not sell at all?

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Wow! How really clever of you. 

So say she doesn't sell Businesses for Sale (11759), Aircrafts (63676), Boats (26429), Caravans/Motorhomes (32633), Cars (29690), Motorcycles (32073), Trucks/Commercial Vehicles (6049), Real Estate (10542), Services (316), Flights (3253), Tickets (1305), Travel (3252) and Vouchers/Gift Certificates (109191)

Still pays final value fees like I do.

Lists in only 1 category which I do.

Has NO RESTRICTIONS

sellers who do not meet minimum standards. She agreed to selling 5000 a month and received this instantly on her sellers list.

She has no contravening policies.

Are you a die hard ebay fan or do you work for ebay? 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply