How are your sales?

Hi community,

Just wondering if your sales are as tragic as mine have been lately? I had a mini surge just before the end of last month, and have had absolutely nothing this month!! Really unheard of, think I am being punished for my comments last month?

So how are your sales?

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

How are your sales?

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@gtx305 wrote:
Same as youichi... surge last month, now nothing again.

Now isn't that interesting???? I would have said that the most vocal about throttling on here in the last few weeks have been hamsy, you, and me, perhaps I am forgetting some others too? But rather interesting!!!

I have seen & commented on posts in the past re throttling and there are many who believe ebay bashing is punished  !!

What really annoys me is that ebay remains so tight lipped about it AND if they actually read these boards, why don't they acknowledge the problems sellers and buyers are experiencing and do something constructive to fix them, never mind punishing us.

I constantly find my sales are limited to areas (usually 2 or 3 states at one given time eg. WA & SA or VIC, NSW & QLD) and to be honest, I don't mind that so much as long as I'm getting sales.  A while back I had several sales to NT, second time ever, and yet I had 4 or 5 sales in a short space of time.  If the system cannot handle having all our listings visible to everyone at all times, so long as they ARE visible to at least some, I'll accept that, but lately it seems my listings are visible to NO-ONE.  The odd sale I have had is usually of an item that is being watched, indicating it did not just appear in a search, but was already in someone's watch list.

That said, my lights will no doubt be out for even longer now !!

Message 21 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

Yes, I have noticed the last three times I pointed out possible illegal activity (in the least morally reprehensible) activity on Ebays part, my sales have dropped to almost zero.

So far, I consider it a coincidence (Im not much of a conspiracy theorist - there is clear and obivious evidence for throttling), but it wouldnt suprise me in the least if it wasnt. What better way to remove a problem seller - stop their sales to force them to leave.

However, I dont actually have anything to lose financially, so I wont be leaving. If it keeps going on, Ill be pushing a new story line for the two news anchors and many journalist friends I have. All Ebay employees would have a price, and considering a few have come out after theyve left Ebay, I dont think it would take much to get some to hand over some incriminating evidence anonymously while still employed.

In short, theyd be pretty stupid to be punishing anyone.

Message 22 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

@mbselections00 wrote:

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@gtx305 wrote:
Same as youichi... surge last month, now nothing again.

Now isn't that interesting???? I would have said that the most vocal about throttling on here in the last few weeks have been hamsy, you, and me, perhaps I am forgetting some others too? But rather interesting!!!

I have seen & commented on posts in the past re throttling and there are many who believe ebay bashing is punished  !!

What really annoys me is that ebay remains so tight lipped about it AND if they actually read these boards, why don't they acknowledge the problems sellers and buyers are experiencing and do something constructive to fix them, never mind punishing us.

I constantly find my sales are limited to areas (usually 2 or 3 states at one given time eg. WA & SA or VIC, NSW & QLD) and to be honest, I don't mind that so much as long as I'm getting sales.  A while back I had several sales to NT, second time ever, and yet I had 4 or 5 sales in a short space of time.  If the system cannot handle having all our listings visible to everyone at all times, so long as they ARE visible to at least some, I'll accept that, but lately it seems my listings are visible to NO-ONE.  The odd sale I have had is usually of an item that is being watched, indicating it did not just appear in a search, but was already in someone's watch list.

That said, my lights will no doubt be out for even longer now !!

Yes I am in no doubt now that throttling occurs, and I also am struggling to not believe that my recent slump in sales is not punishment! My slumps follow too closely my activity on these boards, bar a tiny 2 day period at the end of March when suddenly I had a rush of sales and enquiries, or perhaps there is some anomaly in Australia where there are far more birthdays at the beggining of April than the rest of the year Smiley Tongue

I believe what a disgruntled eBay seller was saying on youtube, that they do try to keep everyone happy, giving everyone some crumbs here and there, I still think even this is wrong. It should be a level field where the best sellers, with the best products and prices win out.

Join the club, my lights may never come back on at this rate!! Smiley Indifferent

Message 23 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

@gtx305 wrote:

Yes, I have noticed the last three times I pointed out possible illegal activity (in the least morally reprehensible) activity on Ebays part, my sales have dropped to almost zero.

So far, I consider it a coincidence (Im not much of a conspiracy theorist - there is clear and obivious evidence for throttling), but it wouldnt suprise me in the least if it wasnt. What better way to remove a problem seller - stop their sales to force them to leave.

However, I dont actually have anything to lose financially, so I wont be leaving. If it keeps going on, Ill be pushing a new story line for the two news anchors and many journalist friends I have. All Ebay employees would have a price, and considering a few have come out after theyve left Ebay, I dont think it would take much to get some to hand over some incriminating evidence anonymously while still employed.

In short, theyd be pretty stupid to be punishing anyone.

Yep, I am not kidding when I say that mine have eerily followed that pattern. Would be interesting to get more data on others experience on this?

I am like you, I don't rely on selling on eBay to survive, it is very much a hobby. I won't be leaving either, nor will I back down from what I believe in or what I think is wrong or as you say 'morally reprehensible'. And if you do ever consider going down the media route I am a more than willing ally!!!

Message 24 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

lol,

I've actually cancelled 2 sales in the last 3 days,

Due largely to risk and ebays MBG.

Just too risky as far as I am concerned.

If the buyer is too far away(like NT or WA or Tas) or an odd out of

the way address(SA or Qld) or PO Box or that new

Post Office delivery parcel locker then I dont

want to have the sale. Risk of loss is just not want

I want to put up with nor expensive freight.

That also applies across my business web site with Paypal,

I have also blocked several states for similar reasons.

Cheers.
Lee.

I have had too many issues with buyers from those delivery locations.

Message 25 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

You are aware that unilaterally cancelling a sale incurs an automatic defect (as it should)?

Unless you only post without tracking (letters) you have an avenue of appeal for a POSSIBLE defect. Not going to happen for an auto defect.

Btw 8 defects from separate buyers (however won, I suspect) = no more selling on eBay. EVER.

Message 26 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

I wouldnt rush to add  'as it should'  to anything that Ebay does anti seller.

I cancelled due to delivery address isues.

Most recent was PO box where PO box was listed as blocked yet

sale got thru.

All my items shipped are sent with tracking etc but ebay always sides with the buyer,

regardless of tracking.

So too much risk if the freight is pricey or if the product is pricey or open

to use and abuse. Current ebay policies are open to abuse of their intentions.

Ebay is no longer what it once was.

I'm now sitting on the fence, sitting this one out for a couple of months

and will see if policies or something change etc.

Message 27 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

@toysandthings12 wrote:

I wouldnt rush to add  'as it should'  to anything that Ebay does anti seller.

I cancelled due to delivery address isues.

Most recent was PO box where PO box was listed as blocked yet

sale got thru.

All my items shipped are sent with tracking etc but ebay always sides with the buyer,

regardless of tracking.

So too much risk if the freight is pricey or if the product is pricey or open

to use and abuse. Current ebay policies are open to abuse of their intentions.

Ebay is no longer what it once was.

I'm now sitting on the fence, sitting this one out for a couple of months

and will see if policies or something change etc.

Disagree.

If somebody wins an item (noting you list BIN) then you send.

If I bought something from you and you decided, post facto, you didn't want to sell to me, I can assure you you would get your well deserved negative feedback.

As opposed to a POSSIBILITY of a neg/defect if things went awry and the buyer was incalcitrant or you applied the same attitude to the buyer as you have to me. Still lower odds than simply honouring a sale.

Message 28 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

lol,

I cancelled the latest order beacuse of PO Box where I had PO Box delivery address blocked.

Also would like to block some states.

If a sale is too much risk of loss or problems then it is not worth honourng the sale.

It is no longer a sale to a customer but a liability.

Message 29 of 49
Latest reply

How are your sales?

Hi Toys,

If I may throw my 2 bobs worth in & maybe give you hopefully helpful advice...

Don't be too overly worried about certain States or PO Boxes. I've been selling here now for around 6 years & full time with my Store for about 3. I sell to all States &, apart from the odd problem caused by Aust Post's terribly SLOW Service to WA, so far I haven't had a problem.

With regards to PO Boxes I've actually found them to be a plus.... I use Click & Send & (usually) the PO scans all of the parcels on delivery so it has given me proof of delivery.

Also, a lot of the States that you are worried about are largely Rural & you seem to sell into roughly the same niche Market as I do, so having lived in Rural Qld myself I know what it's like to live 600 klms from the nearest Toy Store. People almost always buy on the Net. They don't get Mail deliveries to their Gate so they usually have a PO Box in the nearest Town. It's just a way of life for them &, unlike their City counterparts, they are almost always good, genuine, down to earth & honest people.

That's been my experience anyway. I just thought I'd throw that in. Who knows, it may save you some defects & get you some Sales that you had previously been missing out on....

Message 30 of 49
Latest reply