How can Ebay call a seller "top seller" when they have 92 neg's within the last month and 200 in 12?

I am at a loss to understand how Ebay can rate these sellers as "top rated" It looks like they are ripping off buyers and Ebay is doing nothing to stop them. If it wasn't for buyer's there would be no Ebay..

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How can Ebay call a seller "top seller" when they have 92 neg's within the last month and 200 in 12?

If there were no sellers there wouldn't be an eBay, either. Your point?

TRS is 'awarded' to sellers who meet certain specific criteria, which I won't enumerate. Mainly because I can't be bothered to check my selling (TRS) account to check what they are. But they include feedback % and a very low level of 1 and 2 DSRs.

Given you seem to be just having a vent, I'll leave it at that. Unless you care to provide within the rules examples.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

92 negatives in a month???   How many items is the seller moving?  That seems excessively high. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Let's see.

The requirements are 98% feedback and (on most criteria), 4.4 average DSRs, no more than 2.4% 1 and 2 DSRs.

So, 5000 sales a year would still keep the 92 under the limit. Which would translate to 2% low DSRs, also under the limit.

Noting that eBay evaluate a seller's status once a month - around the 21st.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply