How can i list my item without having to use pay pal..I

Tryning to list an item have put Bank Deposit and Cash on delivery as an option. I don't wan't to use PAY PAL but it keeps saying To list this item, you need to accept PayPal or other approved electronic payments as a payment method.Can anyone help pls

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

How do you work out that there are scammers on paypal?

How can a money transfer service scam you?

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

That's a joke what universe are you living my bank offers protection,
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

That's a joke what universe are you living, my bank offers protection fraud is what it is to have to pay third party for what the commonwealth already offer in monthly fees to be offered free listings then forced to pay for a service that is not required is the real scam...
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Keep your money local
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

You have replied to a 7 year old thread and added nothing of value to the discussion.

Please look at the dates before jumping in dragging up old threads.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@houseo-1561 wrote:

That's a joke what universe are you living my bank offers protection,

If I were to pay you by bank deposit I would have ZERO protection if you decided to keep my money and not post my item.

eBay insists on at least one safe payment method for purchasing through their platform, which is Paypal or a Merchant Banking (EFTPOS), to porotect buyers.

Edit. G'day lyndal.      original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Have to say that everyone thinking Paypal is safe is delusional, particularly if you're disputing transactions with them based on "not as described" that they won't acknowledge. I got ripped off for $35,000 over the course of about six months and Paypal's answer? It must have been my fault... they them proceeded to life-time ban my account, because their merchants are all "above-board"... I ended up claiming about $9,000 back luckily, though when there's no independent arbiter in cases and the person you're disputing the transaction with is apparently a big enough customer of Paypal's, it doesn't matter what you say or do, they want more money and commissions/transaction fees and it's that simple. Protected? I think not...

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Sorry, but I disagree with you.

I have used paypal since long before it was aquired by ebay and subsequently sold by ebay.

Only once did I have a major problem and it was sorted and fixed within 30 minutes.....it involved a phone call to paypal, my bank and paypal again.

If you are so sure you were ripped off did you contact the banking ombudsman and make a complaint.   Paypal is registered with the Financial Services Registry.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

So you bought $35k worth of faulty stuff in six months?

I certainly wouldn't deal with you, and you certainly should think about whether online buying is for you.

And this has to do with sellers using Paypal rather than bank deposit, how? If you deposited directly to their bank account, you would proably have received $9k less back than you did.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply