How do I get eBay plus free postage off my listings?!

I aksed this question a few weeks ago, but the problem persists. I never signed up to eBay plus, yet it appears (to others, not to me) on my listings and says I'm offering free postage. How do I stop this from happening?! If anyone can help, it'd be greatly apreciated.

The attached image is a screenshot sent to me by a buyer. Weh I look at the page, none of that eBay plus nonsense is on there and it states the postage rate I'm asking.

s-l1600.jpg

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you ill find that the postage is only free to ebay plus members.....that is what it is all about.

When I look at your listings they have a postage charge listed and underneath it states free postage for ebay plus members.

I am not a member of ebay plus so I would pay the postage.

When an ebay plus member pays I think you will find that ebay pays their postage and you get the full amount.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I am seeing the same thing, free postage for eBay plus members (try it for free)

And as I am not an eBay Plus member I can't comment on anything other that's not already been said

Sorry

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I think you ill find that the postage is only free to ebay plus members.....that is what it is all about.

When I look at your listings they have a postage charge listed and underneath it states free postage for ebay plus members.

When an ebay plus member pays I think you will find that ebay pays their postage and you get the full amount.

Thanks Lyndal. I was told last time I posted here that eBay plus only works if both the seller and buyer are members of it. I guess that's not the case then. Well, as long as eBay somehow pays for the buyer's postage, that's fine.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

I am seeing the same thing, free postage for eBay plus members (try it for free)

And as I am not an eBay Plus member I can't comment on anything other that's not already been said

Sorry

Looks like I can't copy paste into these comments?! How ridiculous.

Guess I'll have to type it out. Ebay says 'Please note that eBay may include or remove eBay Plus at its absolute discretion.'

Well, that sucks.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Not sure there either sorry, I often copy and paste (text) or hit reply and then the quote button , depending on what I need

Some web pages in general though don't allow for text to be copied from and posted elsewhere

It does very much suck though ,ebay adding things of their choosing without notice or warning (especially when people (others,not you) come on the forum and rant and rave about what 'the seller did' when the seller did no such thing,but eBay did it for them

Then said person continues to abuse the seller in question and responders,calling us all scammers and liars and insisting that eBay would'nt do such things Robot Mad

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Not sure there either sorry, I often copy and paste (text) or hit reply and then the quote button , depending on what I need

Some web pages in general though don't allow for text to be copied from and posted elsewhere

It does very much suck though ,ebay adding things of their choosing without notice or warning (especially when people (others,not you) come on the forum and rant and rave about what 'the seller did' when the seller did no such thing,but eBay did it for them

Then said person continues to abuse the seller in question and responders,calling us all scammers and liars and insisting that eBay would'nt do such things Robot Mad

That's right. I'm concerned that buyers think I'm offering free postage when I'm not. One buyer thought exactly that, but luckily she's someone I've know for a very long time and have a good relationship with.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@kustomizer99 wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Thanks Lyndal. I was told last time I posted here that eBay plus only works if both the seller and buyer are members of it. I guess that's not the case then. Well, as long as eBay somehow pays for the buyer's postage, that's fine.

But it is the case.....if your buyer is not a member of ebay plus they get told the cost of postage while the member of ebay plus is told that their postage is free.  They should not need to be told as that is the very reason that they joined ebay plus.

As far as I can see it is very clear......the non member pays your postage the member of ebay plus gets free postage.

Makes sense to me.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I'm not an eBay plus member and I see the postage due on that item, but no mention of the free postage if I sign into eBay plus.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply