How do I know when an item has been received?

mkgriffith
Community Member

Other than by directly contacting the buyer and asking, how do I know when an item I have sent has been received? Similarly, is there a way I can as a buyer mark an item as received so the seller knows? I have been searching all over for this info for several days and am none the wiser.

I'm sorry if this sounds idiotic - I'm usually quite intelligent 🙂 but this has me stumped.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

If you send registered mail you can check if it has been recieved.

To let the seller no you have the item, you leave them feedback

-- A
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

mkgriffith
Community Member

Okay... so really there is no specific thing I can click to say "item received". I was just so sure I had seen something like that somewhere. Maybe I dreamed it?

Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Sellers have to rely on the buyer to leave feedback, or to make contact (if something is wrong) in order for them to be sure that the item has been received.

I tend to think along the lines of ...no news is good news 🙂

As a buyer I dont always leave feedback. But I do sometimes email them to say item has arrived. 

As a seller, i just wait and see if they leave feedback, if not, then i dont worry too much about it.

🙂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

i have your concern long time ago and trying to find answers...

there is no way to find out if the item been received or not unless they leave you feedback OR they message you!

i used to contact the buyer and ask, however only 1/10 will reply.

Dont waste your time!!!!

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

If you have not heard from them to say they have received it and if they have not left feedback then you can assume they got it and are happy with it because they would be quick to complain if it had not arrived or not as described.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I'm going to make a suggestion. I am a buyer on ebay and I must admit I sometimes forget to leave feedback however when the seller ships my purchased items in a timely manner and sends me an email or includes a letter in my package saying something like "I have shipped your item(s) today. When you receive your item kindly notify me either by email or leaving positive feedback. If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to contact me."

For me this is an added personal touch that shows the seller believes in the products he/she is selling and cares about me as a customer. I am always more inclined to purchase from the seller again and I always remember to leave positive feedback for him/her. 

Timely and polite responses to buyer questions always helps too when wanting buyers to leave positive feedback.

I know this won't work for all buyers, but it might decrease the number of buyers that don't notify you or leave feedback when they receive their item(s).

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use the NEW Click and Send system then you can

elect to have tracking updates emailed to you so that when an item is delivered you will be advised. 

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

mkgriffith
Community Member

The item I sent most recently I have tracking for so I know it's been delivered, but the buyer hasn't left feedback... which I will probably ask for, especially as it's that magic tenth feedback 🙂

Thank you all for your suggestions and info.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do not ask for feedback...you may not like what you get.

Buyers do not like being asked for feeback as it is voluntary and some will prefer to leave no feedback than the leave less than positive remarks.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply