How do I left my selling limits on a new eBay account?

danhud_36
Community Member

I read that that maximum is $500 per week. I want to sell items that are going to be priced at $1,000 or higher.

How do I get my monthly limits lifted, please?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I left my selling limits on a new eBay account?

At the moment, you are showing up as a zero rated buyer/seller.

Why not start small, sell off quite a few smaller items, maybe things you no longer need from around your home, build up a bit of experience & feedback.

Any limits or special conditions won't be there forever, they are there for new sellers, you need to show you are reliable.

I think, for instance, there is a 21 day hold on your money from any sales for a while. Something like that. So you'll be expected to sell & send before you actually get access to your money. better to have that happening with small items.

If you build up prior feedback before you start trying to sell high priced items, it might make it easier for you to sell them too. I'd be wary paying $1000 to a seller with zero feedback. Not saying I would never do it, but it would depend on circumstances and I'd be very cautious.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Buy some $1 or under items from China. They nearly always leave feedback on payment. It doesn't matter if the items never arrive, the purchases are purely to get some feedback. The more sellers you buy from, the more feedback you'll. If the items do arrive, you can sell them to get more feedback.

As Springy said, I would NEVER buy an item for $1,000+ from a seller with zero feedback. It doesn't matter how badly I want the item, no flamin' way would I outlay that, even with buyer protection.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The only way I would buy a $1000 item from a zero rater would be with a pick up item. No money till I had inspected the item, was happy with it and had it in my little hot hand (or trailer).

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply