How do I review the reason a best offer bid was retracted?

Hi all!

Does anyone know how I can see the reason a buyer has retracted a best offer bid?

I had an email from eBay saying I can review the reason by clicking the "history" link from the individual item page.

I have searched and searched and cannot find this link?

Any clues?

Cheers

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I only know how to access it through sales history links, which your items don't have as single-item listings.

However, after a quick google, if you click on this link, it will show you the offer history in the GearWrench (buyer said entered wrong amount):

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=163393697573&rt=nc&_trksid=p2471758.m4903

For those wondering, I found a forum post that provided the generic link:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=

And you just put the item number you want to check after the =

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

A screenshot would be helpful...cheers

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

I only know how to access it through sales history links, which your items don't have as single-item listings.

However, after a quick google, if you click on this link, it will show you the offer history in the GearWrench (buyer said entered wrong amount):

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=163393697573&rt=nc&_trksid=p2471758.m4903

For those wondering, I found a forum post that provided the generic link:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=

And you just put the item number you want to check after the =

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks mate, much appreciate. I random link which I'll have to save.

Isn't it a condition of retracting for wrong amount that another amount has to be offered? Like a bid?

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

@splitzzzzz wrote:

Isn't it a condition of retracting for wrong amount that another amount has to be offered? Like a bid?

I'm not too sure - eBay doesn't specifically state that buyers are expected to make a new offer if they use that as the reason. The vast majority of the time the reason a buyer will choose is arbitrary and they just want to rescind their offer entirely, since there's no 'changed my mind' kind of reason they can choose.

This is all I could find about it in eBay's help page - making a new offer is only kind of implied by this, but it definitely could be taken as the retraction can be the end of it:

It's OK to retract a Best Offer if:

You accidentally enter a wrong offer amount (for example, you submitted an offer for $9.50 instead of $99.95).
The description of an item you have placed an offer on has changed significantly.

https://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBestOfferShow&guest=1

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Cheers mate, thanks for your time! 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

@splitzzzzz wrote:

No, there's nothing in place that forces you to make another offer on the item after selecting 'wrong amount' as the reason for retracting, 

I've retracted a couple of offers that way because the seller hasn't accepted it and in the meantime I've found the same item elsewhere for a price I'm happy with.  That was when all offers would last a full two days - it's better now that you can set them to expire after a shorter duration.

IMO eBay should actually give an option to retract an offer with the reason 'Purchased elsewhere' or simply 'Changed mind'.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

They usually retract because they don't know if they want to buy from one minute to the next. That is my experience anyway.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@splitzzzzz wrote:

No, there's nothing in place that forces you to make another offer on the item after selecting 'wrong amount' as the reason for retracting, 

I've retracted a couple of offers that way because the seller hasn't accepted it and in the meantime I've found the same item elsewhere for a price I'm happy with.  That was when all offers would last a full two days - it's better now that you can set them to expire after a shorter duration.

IMO eBay should actually give an option to retract an offer with the reason 'Purchased elsewhere' or simply 'Changed mind'.

I haven't bought anything with 'make an offer' in a while but I am pleased to hear a bidder can now set an offer to expire earlier than 2 days. I always found the 2 days was onerous as it locked you in too much. Personally, I think all sellers should have to set the auto accept/reject limits, with only a narrow range going into the 'seller needs to review' basket.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks all for your , if you're unsure if you want an item then don't bid

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply