How do I send pickup details without getting restricted?

I have sold something to a local buyer who wants to pickup and pay cash. The last time I  sent my details Ebay kindly gave me a week's holiday (and also did themselves out of some commision). So how do I get my details to the buyer? carrier pigeon?  Ouji board?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

from what i've read for others - the trick is to make sure they have actually bought the item on ebay before you exchange details - either by winning an auction or using "buy it now." it's when people exchange details prior to that happening, or for "inspection" purposes that people usually get in the bad books from the bots.

i've never sold in person personally - so others can correct me if i'm wrong :] 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Once the buyer commits to buying the item, send an actual invoice. Your address details should show in the bottom left corner on the invoice. There's no way prior to the auction/BIN to send address or phone number without eBay chucking a wobbly!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Once a purchase is made you can send details.

It's when details are sent without a transaction in place that the bots pick it up.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

There is a way on pick up items to give details and request cash on pick up.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/accepted-payment-methods.html ,(under Payment on pick-up ).

Does this method require eBay checkout? Yes.

Once the buyer goes through checkout for your item, they can select the 'Payment Upon Pick-Up' option.

How soon am I paid? Immediately. In-person payment methods can include bank cheques, personal cheques,

money orders or cash. In your listing, be clear about which of these payment methods you'll accept.

The seller can then send an invoice to the buyer with their address details.

The buyer needs to go through checkout to get the Pay on pick up option.

So a seller stipulates to the buyer in the listing to go through check out and change it to cash on pick up and

that they then need to wait for an invoice then it should be all above board according to their own policies.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply