australia post tracking

hitwken
Community Member

i sent item xpress post with tracking number , buyer now sayes he has not received it  australia post said deliverd on 15/10/14 he is now claiming refund thru pay pal  is this a general acurance on the bay  ?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

australia post tracking

I had a similar thing last week buyer said never got item after a month,I looked up tracking told her it was delivered to ebay address on the 24th Sept.She said okay someone must have taken it not my fault these things happen never heard another word then on Sunday I look and she left neg feedback.I rang ebay gave them the tracking number they checked it out and removed neg feedback,If it has been delivered you don't owe them a refund.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

australia post tracking

As far as I know, if the tracking number says it was delivered, the buyer won't get a refund. Did they open an Item Not Received case? If so, send PayPal the tracking number and they will be able to check that it has been delivered.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

hi thanks will do so

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

This happened to me last week, the tracking shown it delivered but the buyer says she never receive the package, what can I do, you may think I am stupid but I ended up give her full refund.... i rather lost 5 items plus $20 full refund to her instead of let her open dispute and go through all of this via paypal .... then she will sure end up give me negative feedback as when I looked at her profile, she leave negative to seller more than positive and I dont want that to happen to me..... I dont want to have any defect from anybody, yes I may stupid to refund her money but for me, I think it worth to do this then just add her to blocked list.... too tired to deal with someone like this......

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

Does the tracking show as delivered to the buyer's address (at the very least the postcode) or does it just show as delivered to the nearest mail centre?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I had a similar thing last week buyer said never got item after a month,I looked up tracking told her it was delivered to ebay address on the 24th Sept.She said okay someone must have taken it not my fault these things happen never heard another word then on Sunday I look and she left neg feedback.I rang ebay gave them the tracking number they checked it out and removed neg feedback,If it has been delivered you don't owe them a refund.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

With the tracking it seems to be playing up lately.

I always register my email address to be told progress this was always very good and always got email on morning it was on truck for delivery that day and email when delivered but last 4 times nothing including a package today.,although on post site it shows as delivered fine.

I had one package a month ago sent from far North qld  on  Mon  8.50 am,arrive and processed  at Chelora in Sydney on Tue at 12.33 and then not get delivered till wed of next week ( usualy its on truck  same day its processed through Chelora) im dubious it got to Chalora so fast ...very odd  but I realy  was worried it had gone AWOL

And I find sometimes its listed as delivered when in fact there is no sign of it till next day .It also can be listed as delivered if a card is left and its actualy taken to post office

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

hi shows deliverd to mail centre then deliverd next day a/post insists it was deliverd on 15th  posted on 13th xp mail

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I sent an item recently and tracking showed processing through Aust Post facility at Villawood NSW then next day - Delivered Villawood NSW thing is buyer lived in Penrith NSW so that (which is a common occurence) could be a point of argument in getting a refund approved in those cases. Tracking number info has a long way to go! It's only as good as the Aust Post employees that swipe the barcode as it passes through the system. I've had items go through that only ever show lodgement & nothing more..... crazy! LOL many stories & many arguments over tracking numbers! never with buyers with Aust Post!

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

exactly - it doesn't matter what Aust Post do, we get the blame.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply