australia post tracking

hitwken
Community Member

i sent item xpress post with tracking number , buyer now sayes he has not received it  australia post said deliverd on 15/10/14 he is now claiming refund thru pay pal  is this a general acurance on the bay  ?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

australia post tracking

yeah you are all right there when it comes to E BAY AND PAY PAL   , they go in favor of the seller ,  get very weary know useing e bay , for out of pocket af a good amount of dollars ,

so buyers beware  to whom you purchase  , as i had one  item purchase had not received after a good amount of time and was told postage is slow  , had  been sent a letter to alter feed back  from negative to positive , i had stated that will not happen

SO BE CAREFULL ON WEB   E BAY PURCHASES As you could end up out of pocket .

like myself , as e bay and paypal stated in favor of the seller ,

the item to wit  arrived damaged and not working  so sent back for a replacement or refund

never received good support  from  either the mentioned  in this statement .

item sent under tracking , when it got to the shores of China  , the post has no recolection of it and seller states never received

i am still in battle wth all the mentioned and Australia Post

HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS AND A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

Why did you drag up an old, dead thread? Most of the info contained in this thread is OLD and not relevant any more.

WOW, you leave a lot of bad feedback for sellers. Some might be justified, but giving someone bad feedback for slow delivery is nasty. A seller has no control of how long the shipping company takes to deliver. As long as they post it within their stated handling time, they have done nothing wrong. The estimates that eBay put in the listing, are just that, estimates. The seller has no control over those estimates as eBay put them there. Sadly, people like yourself take them as gospel and trash a sellers rating for something they have no control over.

You have now gained an invitation to the eBay party. Where everyone else is inside having a great time, and you're outside looking in the window. Good luck trying to buy anything from any of the sellers in this forum, because you won't be able to. You may also find you have bids cancelled on any auctions you bid on. Very few sellers will take the risk of selling to you given you seem to relish in trashing their feedback.

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

All is forgiven for dragging up this old thread.....it gives sellers a chance to invite you to their party.

All I can say is wow, just wow.....11 neutral/negatives from 17 feedback left.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

No doubt they will have justification for doing so, like all the serial feedback trashers do. When someone has that much bad luck buying on eBay, one has to wonder why they continue.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

@casbit33 wrote:

exactly - it doesn't matter what Aust Post do, we get the blame.

So very true, i'm sick to death of it, buyers blaming us because Australia Post don't do the job that we pay them for.

I had chat to Ebay about this yesterday and a super is going to call me on Monday to disscuss it.

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

Make sure you send the tracking info via the dispute page!

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

"as when I looked at her profile, she leave negative to seller more than positive"

Possibly sounds like this this buyer has a problem receiving items, (could be trying to scam) if she's left more negs than positives!

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

@designers*n*more wrote:

Make sure you send the tracking info via the dispute page!

I think it's probably too late to do that now after 13 months. Don't you only have 30 days for an eBay dispute, or 180 days for PayPal? Or have I missed something?

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

There are definitely problems with auspost tracking.

Sent a parcel shortly before Xmas to a PO Box address in Chadstone Centre in Victoria. It was registered and like all parcels these days, had tracking.

After 10 days buyer had still not received it and the tracking said that it had gone to Mt Waverley which is not too distant from Chadstone but still not the correct destination.

When the buyer made an enquiry using the tracking number, she was told that that tracking number was for a parcel with a residential address on it.

I had a clear memory of the parcel in question and remembered just as clearly writing the correct PO Box address on it.

The customer opened a customer enquiry and, lo and behold, the parcel was found quite quickly with the correct address on it (ie the PO Box address in Chadstone Centre) It had taken altogether 18 days for her to receive it !

At the end of this process, I swore I would never again send any sale items over the Xmas / New Year period when you get the 'toxic' mix of a much higher volume of mail and casual (less experienced) employees at auspost, to cope with the huge influx of mail over that period.

Every year, I say I won't send merchandise during this period but a number of customers are determined to receive their items as quickly as possible and I don't want to get defects for late sending.

But the inefficiency of the tracking system (reflecting other poor aspects of auspost service) continues. I posted another parcel on 4/1 and since then all the tracking tells me (and the customer) is that the parcel was 'processed at an Australia post facility' on 7/1'. Its now 11 days later and no further online information available.

I haven't enquired whether the customer has in fact received the item in question (which is possible and the tracking info just not updated) and haven't heard from the customer either but plan to msg them today to find out if they have their parcel.

Its really just not good enough, especially for the money we pay for the service.

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I just received an express parcel I was expecting today. I brought it inside, finished making my cup of tea, checked the tracking number and it was showing as delivered. I had planned to do that to see how quickly after delivery it updates. I was quite shocked that it had updated.

What I am really livid about, I asked for and paid for signature on delivery as it was an expensive purchase and I didn't want a bright yellow satchel sitting at my front door in full view of the world. I have had express satchels stolen before. The parcel was dropped and no signature was asked for.

The reason I asked for SOD is because I was supposed to be working today, but got asked on Friday if I wanted today off as today was going to be pretty slow and they had too many staff on for the work load. He made no effort to hide it, just propped it up against my front door for all and sundry to see. Anyone could have just walked in off the street and taken it as they have done in the past (one time within seconds of it being dropped as I heard them).

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply