australia post tracking

hitwken
Community Member

i sent item xpress post with tracking number , buyer now sayes he has not received it  australia post said deliverd on 15/10/14 he is now claiming refund thru pay pal  is this a general acurance on the bay  ?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

australia post tracking

Since my original post this morning, I spoke to Australia post and the agent said that the parcel was officially delayed so she advised that I open a customer enquiry. She also asked whether I had been in touch with the buyer to ask whether they had actually received the parcel and I did that after talking to her.

The buyer told me that they had received the item and that no, the postman had NOT asked them to sign for it, despite the fact that I paid for registration of the parcel.

This is the explanation for why there was no updating of the tracking. When I spoke to the Australia Post agent again, she said that since the signature of the recipient was not obtained by the postman, I would receive a refund of the postage.

That's good, but I would have preferred delivery confirmation. That's the primary reason I get registration for my sale items !!

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I might send my seller a message and ask if she sent it SOD. If she did, I'll tell her to contact AP and she might be able to get a refund on the postage. I had actually asked for it before I noticed in the postage section of her listings that she sent SOD as a matter of course. I also asked for express as it only worked out $1.50 dearer for a 3kg satchel than a regular 3kg satchel. It was coming from WA, so thought the extra $1 was worth it to get it in 2 days rather than 2 weeks. I'd be more than happy to help a fellow seller get a refund if we didn't get what we paid for.

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I just contacted my seller and she most definitely paid for SOD, so I'm really cheesed off that it was just dropped at my door. The delivery drivers here are usually pretty good. One even came back the other day because he forgot to scan one parcel. Not sure what happened this time. I didn't get to see if it was local courier or AP delivery van as they took off to quick.

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

My seller went and saw her post office today about my item being left at the door and not signed for and they said "not all posties worry about getting a signature". WHAT'S THE POINT IN PAYING FOR IT THEN??!!! It's the only way I know of to stop them safe dropping, yet they do it any way. That's why I paid extra to have SOD! I have to go to the PO on Thursday, so will see if I can get some answers from them. I've still got the tracking number so they should be able to look it up.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. One because they just dumped a very expensive parcel and left and two, my seller got fobbed off.

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

Buy from me. I guarantee Ap won't fob me off.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I did look at your listings a while ago (on this account because I don't know your others) and you didn't have the book I'm chasing 😄

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I have 3000 books. Unless you are after F or SF, that is 1500.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

The Genesis Experiement - Michael Carson. There is one copy on here but it's in a pretty bad way.

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

I used to buy a fair bit from overseas. I always paid for trackable insured shipping...it cost a mint. Yes, AP would ignore signature required at times. It annoyed me too, as if it wasn't for untrackable items going "missing" in transit, I wouldn't have needed to do my expensive best to ensure delivery.

Now have fantastic posties who do the right thing 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

australia post tracking

Checked one tracking today, 2 entries for processing sunshine west then delivered at sunshine west. Buyer recieved it but they are rural vic not even anywhere near sunshine west..huh?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply