How to Require immediate payment for shipping and also pay on pickup

Is there a way to set up payment options for listings so that when someone wants delivery, they have to pay immediately and cannot just click "commit to buy". But also have it set up so that someone who wants to pick the item up has the option to pay on pickup?

I am getting a lot of 0 feedback users from overseas clicking commit to buy, but then not paying and not responging after that. But I also want  people who want to commit to buy the pick up, still have that option

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can have many payments options in the listing.

But when you select IPR in a listing then a pick up buyer cannot purchase unless they pay immediately.

I would probably stick with pick up buyers being able to purchase (no IPR) and set your blocks to weed out serial non payers if you haven't already.

Go to account - site prefs - buyer requirements and set blocks there.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Cheers. I've already set up the buyer requirements. But the lowest it lets me set is a buyer with more than 2 non paying strikes within a month. This does nothing for people who create a new account and click commit to buy. Which I've had a few recently.

The reasoning for why people do this is beyond me. Why waste your time.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You should set your requirements to 2 non payments within 12 months.....it catches a lot more non payers than your setting.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

If you know it's the same person who tried to buy but was blocked and then opened a new account you can report them for malicious buying. It's hard to prove but sometimes you can do it.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I don't think it's the same person. But I will keep it in mind. Thanks.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If they are overseas and you don't want to post overseas, then block overseas buyers. You do that in postage preferences, and then tick in buyer requirements to block people in a location I don't post to.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply