How to accept Credit Card Payments

A buyer has asked if she can pay via Credit Card as she does not have a PayPal account. Can anyone advise how this works, how do I accept cc payments, is it safe to accept this kind of payment? Have never had anyone ask to pay this way before. Thanks (in advance)

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Kopes. I thought it might be something like needing a merchant facility. ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You need to have the merchant facility set up and you don't as you don't offer it in your listings.

Just explain to the buyer you don't have that facility and if they do internet banking it's easy to for them to do a bank deposit that you do offer.

Otherwise it's free and easy to open a PayPal account.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes. I thought it might be something like needing a merchant facility. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

They can also use PayPal as a guest to use a credit card. Tell them when they go to pay to select the PP option. At the bottom of the login screen is a link to use PP as a guest with a credit card.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Tippy, are there still limits on the number of guest payments that can be made through paypal?

It used to be a limit of 6 guest payment before you had to open an account and you had to have a paypal account if you wanted to use the Resolution Cente.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I don't know if there are still limits. I used guest checkout all the time until I started selling, which is when I had to open a PP account. A friend has been using it regularly for a number of years (she's a regular buyer of cheap Chinese knock off carp for whatever the latest kid fad is, e.g Frozen). As far as I know she still doesn't have an account.

Some don't even want to use guest check out. A former buyer, who I became good friends with, point blank refuses to use PP at all. That's why he liked buying from me because he could pay with bank deposit. He saw so many nice items overseas and could only admire because of his stubbornness. He has a credit card, which he does use sometimes, but won't use PP. He's late 60's so has probably read some of the earlier issues with it.

Now if he really, really wants something from overseas that he can't live without, I buy it, get it sent to his place and he pays me via bank deposit. He's made so many deposits now that it's usually in there within an hour, so as soon as I tell him I won the auction he transfers the money and I pay for the purchase.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply