How to cancel a return request

I inadvertently selected the return button.  How do I cancel this request?  I simply need to pay the buyer for a new belt on the washing machine.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are you the buyer or seller of the washing machine? If you are the seller you can't accidentally click the return button, only the buyer can do that. If the buyer has accidentally hit return, there should be the option for them to close it. They have to do it, you can't. If you are the buyer of the washing machine, there should be the option to close it in the resolution centre. I wouldn't close it until you get the part you are waiting on though as once it's closed, it can't be reopened.

Veering off topic, I had a look at some of your listings (you've got some nice stuff!), you might want to remove the mention of COD from the description and postage section. COD is NOT cash on pick up. It's a very expensive Aust Post service where if the buyer asks for it, you have to try and post it. They then pay for the item when they pick it up from the PO. They then take their chunk and send you the difference. Change it to cash on pick up in both the description and the postage section.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

COD still might be a cheaper option on some of those items ,no pay pal  fees or fvf on postage

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

No Paypal  fees and no fvfs on postage but also absolutely no protection if the buyer refuses to collect the parcel and you have to pay to get the the item back.  Not many buyers who know what COD really means would choose that option knowing how expensive it is and that the seller could send them an empty package and there is nothing they can do about it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@leigh7283 wrote:

I inadvertently selected the return button.  How do I cancel this request?  I simply need to pay the buyer for a new belt on the washing machine.

If you are the seller, you are not able to close a return request, unless you issue a full refund. You can offer the buyer a partial refund and if that's accepted, the amount will be refunded and the case closed, but if you have already selected "accept return" then you won't be able to do anything else except refund in full (if the buyer returns it). 

The buyer can close a request from their side though. If the payment was via PayPal, I have previously found that I can't issue partial refunds from a disputed amount (open request), so the only way you can refund from the funds paid is if the buyer is willing to close the request first.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I only want to cancel return  request as it costs more than the item

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Please check dates before adding to a post.  It has been 8 YEARS since this was last posted on.

What is the reason you requested a return.  If the item is not as described or not working correctly you do not pay for the return if you open the right request.

It is however  up to you if you want to return for "Change of Mind".

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply