How to do bulk edit.

pnc75
Community Member

Hi all, would greatly appreciate some help on how to do a bulk edit to put a note on some of my listings. Is this possible and if so how? I've been going around in circles in ebay's Help pages, but to no avail. TIA

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

How to do bulk edit.

pnc75
Community Member

Found a way through seller hub! Very proud of myself. But unfortunately it puts the message at the bottom. ๐Ÿ˜ž Any way to get it to the top of the description?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

How to do bulk edit.

If the listings have less than a few days until they are due to end, or roll over, the added description will be put at the bottom. If they are due to end or roll over, wait until they have done so, then try to add the new text then.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

How to do bulk edit.

From memory I think you replace the whole description with a new one.

Edit - Or perhaps as tippy suggests.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

How to do bulk edit.

Thanks tippy, but they were new ones yesterday. Cheers though. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

How to do bulk edit.

Oh dang, I don't know then! Might have to edit individually, as long and painful as that might be. If what you want to add is the same for every listing, cut and paste it, so you only have to revise the item, click in the description, hit ctrl-v and submit. Of course if you have thousands of listings, individual is probably not an option.

Hopefully someone else can help you out!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

How to do bulk edit.

You have to use find & replace.  If the words at the start of each description vary it might be a bit tricky but it may be possible.  On all my listings when I edit and click on the HTML tab there's a line of code at the start that reads <font rwr="1" size="4" style="font-family:Arial">.  If you find that and copy it (Ctrl + C), then do your bulk edit and put that in the Find field, and then put the bit you want to add in the Replace With field, with the line of code after it.

Something you need to be aware of is that the line of code may be repeated several times in some listings and if this is the case you'd probably end up with your added bit appearing more than once in the description.

I'd be inclined to use bulk edit but do them individually so you can check them as you go.  To do this, click on Edit Item Description, then on Edit Listings Individually in the dropdown menu.  The description of the first one will show in the screen and when you've pasted in the bit you want to add you click on Save & Next and it takes you to the next description to be done.  I usually copy and paste while I'm in the HTML tab rather than the standard one.  This is by far the quickest way to do it and I've done hundreds in a fairly short time.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply