How to generate a Return Label?

etb321
Community Member

Hello,

I'm a seller, I've got a return request, I think I need to upload a return label. I can't see how to generate it. Can you advise?

Regards

Tom(etb321)

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to generate a Return Label?

I usually create postage label through My Post and then send the buyer the label as an image through eBay messages, upload to the request, or send the PDF directly to their email address. I'm not sure if there's an official way through eBay, though sometimes the buyer gets the option to generate the label through their account and it get's charged to the seller's account. 

You may be able to go to the original order and create a postage label from there, it will pre-load the buyer's details, but you should be able to edit it to your own, however this will upload the tracking number to the buyer's order. Currently you'd not able to create postage labels on eBay except through an order, though there was talk of that becoming available at some point this year. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

IF a return request has been initiated and you have a message in your ebay messaging just click on See return details. There should be an 'Accept return' option then provision for ebay to send the buyer a return label.

Be aware that the top option seems ambiguous and doesn't specifically allow you to select a particular sized label ( 500g etc ).
Select it anyway.

It's easier than going to MyPost, generating a label then emailing a pdf to the buyer.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@dontmissthese wrote:

IF a return request has been initiated and you have a message in your ebay messaging just click on See return details. There should be an 'Accept return' option then provision for ebay to send the buyer a return label.

That option only appears when specific postage services are selected in the original listing - I've never had this option, plus My Post is cheaper for me than eBay postage.  

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply