How to reply a buyer's message like this?

I closed my retail shop and sell the rest of my stock on eBay. All of my ladies socks are only size 3-9, and I write it in item specifics and also in the description. Today I received a buyer's message writing as follow

"I would not have asked for 3to9 as I take size 10 not happy"

Only this, didn't say what she wants. But I did nothing wrong, right? How I supposed to reply a message like this?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I'm sorry that you are not happy with your purchase, but it was clearly stated in the listing that the size is 3-9. However, 30 day change of mind returns are one of the reasons our customers choose to shop with us.

For a change of mind return, you will have to organise and pay for your own delivery service.

The item along with all parts, accessories, manuals, and packaging must be returned in original working condition. Consumable goods such as makeup must be unopened and unused. Clothing labels must remain attached to the clothing.

It is recommended that you check the original listing to make sure you have not forgotten anything.

Please go to โ€˜my ebayโ€™>โ€™purchase historyโ€™ and โ€˜request a refundโ€™, or โ€˜return this itemโ€™ and chose the option โ€˜change of mindโ€™.

Thanks!

YOUR NAME

^Basically my saved standard response^

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You reply

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your message. 

Please do not write again.

Service is our motto,

Liquidation House

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If she didn't buy, just ignore it.

Actually I would probably put her on my BBL.

Don't need stupidity in my life. Smiley Surprised 

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

She paid for them and received today, then sent me this message.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

From what you said she's already bought and received them. If the listing only had size 3-9 socks in it and the size was made clear I'd just say, "I'm sorry you're not happy but the listing clearly said the socks were size 3-9 and that's what you bought." I'd keep it simple and not get into arguments about it. If she opens a claim to say you sent the wrong ones, ring ebay and point out that she received the size in the listing.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Hi,

I'm sorry that you are not happy with your purchase, but it was clearly stated in the listing that the size is 3-9. However, 30 day change of mind returns are one of the reasons our customers choose to shop with us.

For a change of mind return, you will have to organise and pay for your own delivery service.

The item along with all parts, accessories, manuals, and packaging must be returned in original working condition. Consumable goods such as makeup must be unopened and unused. Clothing labels must remain attached to the clothing.

It is recommended that you check the original listing to make sure you have not forgotten anything.

Please go to โ€˜my ebayโ€™>โ€™purchase historyโ€™ and โ€˜request a refundโ€™, or โ€˜return this itemโ€™ and chose the option โ€˜change of mindโ€™.

Thanks!

YOUR NAME

^Basically my saved standard response^

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I do not think she has gone back and had a look at the ad. She thinks you just picked the size out to send to her without asking her. I have a feeling she is hoping for an exchange or else for you to send replacements. I am not sure.

So I think you need to reply.

Just say something like you are sorry she is not happy but if she has another look at the ad she will see that it was clearly and prominently stated in the listing that the socks were size 3-9 . And that you do not carry size 10. 

You did nothing wrong. It is her mistake. I see you allow returns within 30 days. You could also say in your reply that  you accept change of mind returns and she is able to return the socks for a refund as long as they have not been opened and are still in original condition, but she will need to pay the return postage.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks everyone. Will try and see what will happen. But I guess the socks may have been worn.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Having looked at your listings now, I think she may have read the 2/10 prs as being size 2-10. While it's not crystal clear what the 2/10 means (in the title), most people would read the description to seek clarification of what it means, but she obviously hasn't. I'd still write and say what I put in my last post because it's up to her to read everything properly.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice, will go to change the title and make it clearer. But the socks she bought was not that one, was the other with the title "2/12 prs". Anyway, will still go to change.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply