How to report a international seller for ALL LISTINGS VIOLATING location??

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member

Open refining a search for motorcycle parts(exhaust) , I selected "Australia Only"...  and there is a seller with 497,000 listing showing up, who is clearly located in Italy..  The item location in the listing reads "IT,Australia" ..  This guy is NOT located in Australia, he is in Italy.  

Clearly this is a breach of listing policys,  I can see how to report a single item but how to report 497,000 of them?

To have a foreign sellers listings showing up in "Australia only" search results is unfair for local seller like myself who are struggling to compete with a very flooded market already. 

Any feedback please?    

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

If we all boycott eBay, start a public campaign I’m betting something will be done, I’m not a seller I’m a buyer and I’ve been f’d SEVERAL times by the cockroaches, I’m about to FLICK eBay just because of THIS!!!
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I’ve been an avid buyer for many years, only recently I’ve been getting MANY international sellers pretending to be Australian when I’ve selected it, the most recent one has a 58 day postage when there’s only 60 **bleep**ing days to leave feedback!!!! My money is GONE!!!!
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

i might be wrong in assuming this - but i'm guessing you checked the estimated delivery date (postage timeframe) AFTER you made the purchase? otherwise, you would have known that they weren't in australia to begin with and wouldn't have given them you're money if you're so concerned about the timeframe? 

so you're aware - these boards aren't run by ebay staff - they're made up of other members just like yourself. most, althought extremely frustrated by some of ebays policies rely on it's marketplace for some form of income - otherwise they leave.. and in turn, more sellers come and take their place. 

i'll let you know that the misrepresentation of location of items has been happening for a long-time and is a known issue which the powers-that-be rarely seem to care about - they're making money off those sales regardless. the only way to make it known to ebay about these items is to report them; whether or not anything is done about it is another story. 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@jasonfiresoarerwrote:
I’ve been an avid buyer for many years, only recently I’ve been getting MANY international sellers pretending to be Australian when I’ve selected it, the most recent one has a 58 day postage when there’s only 60 **bleep**ing days to leave feedback!!!! My money is GONE!!!!

Are you sure you checked the dates properly? You certainly didn't check the dates on this thread. It is years old.

If the item has 58 day postage, why did you buy it? That information is available pre-purchase. Whilst you won't be able to leave feedback (which probably doesn't have much point. I am sure they have negs for this but you bought anyway), you have not necessarily done your dough. A MBG claim can be opened up to 30 days from the last estimated delivery date. So if you bought on 1 April with a 58 day delivery time, your feedback window would close on 31 May, but you could open a dispute up until 28 June.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply