Hypothetical INR Situation (for self Education purposes)

We have a very good and trusted returning customer who buys lots of stuff from us on a regular basis.

She always pays promptly and leaves glowing POS FB.

Messages are always warm & friendly.

Just a pleasure to have and we would never want to lose such a customer, they are really too hard to find.

We always includes an "extras" package with each order and quite often next order she is buying some of these too.

She orders enough each time that we always use C&S 500gm satchels lodged over the counter but without paying for extra cover.

Now for the hypothetical bit...

So... what happens if one of these parcels never arrives. It's not uncommon from what I read on these boards.

I'm pretty sure PayPal protection would be in place as we have used a fully tracked sending method. So this means she would be refunded in the case of a formal INR claim? But do we lose our money? I hope not.

But we would not really want to go down the official INR track maybe. After all who (either of us) wants a INR case on the record if it's not really needed.

We would, of course, wish to replace her order as she is such a valued and trusted customer. I think she would prefer replacement rather than refund anyway. But we don't wish to lose our $$$ either.

So what would be the best way to handle such a situation so that neither of us lose out?

Do we advise her to open an INR case thru PayPal and get a refund?

Then we just send out another order after the claim is proceesd?

Or what are other options? Buy the additional cover each time and claim back thru Aust Post if it happened?

Or am I misunderstanding something about the INR claims process?

Just thought I'd throw this one out there for general comment and mainly for my own education really.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Hypothetical INR Situation (for self Education purposes)

Oh and almost forgot, if you lodged the compaint make sure your claim includes all of your out of pocket expenses, eg the cost of  telephone calls (local std and international) ect  

Message 31 of 31
Latest reply