I REPORTED A BAD SELLER FOR SELLING SOCKS WHICH OFFENSIVE F WORDS ON THEM. IS THIS ALLOWED? IF SO I

I THINK THIS IS DISGUSTING AND A VERY LOW ACT. I DONT WANT TO SEE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE ON ITEMS WHILE IM BROWSING TO BUY THINGS ON EBAY. I REPORTED THIS MATTER ALREADY ONCE BEFORE AND THE PERSON SAID IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO FIX THE PROBLEM BUT IT WAS A WHILE BACK I REPORTED THIS MATTER. NO SELLER SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SELL SOCKS ON EBAY WITH OFFENSIVE F WORDS ON THEM. THERE ARE SOME PPL WHO FIND OFFENSIVE F WORDS EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE AND I AM ONE OF THOSE PPL. THIS SHOULD BE HIGHLY ILLEGAL THIS MATTER. 

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO BROWSE SOCKS AND SEE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE ON THEM?

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

I REPORTED A BAD SELLER FOR SELLING SOCKS WHICH OFFENSIVE F WORDS ON THEM. IS THIS ALLOWED? IF SO I

As several people replied to the same question, I am not going to answer again

And again, please stop yelling

Thank you

Message 41 of 75
Latest reply

DID YOU ACTUALLY READ THE RESPONSES TO YOUR OTHER THREAD ON THE SAME SUBJECT ??????

Spoiler
Apologies for the caps lock bear.......

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 42 of 75
Latest reply

My guess is they did but are waiting from eBay to post a response

Going to be a very,very,very long wait if that is the case

Message 43 of 75
Latest reply

I sometimes wonder if eBay should have 2 age limits - one for over 18 and the other for............................

original.gif

Message 44 of 75
Latest reply

Turn them inside out, problem solved.  Doh!  now I dont know which foot goes in which sock.

I hope you dont go shopping for  reg grundies on the net.

Message 45 of 75
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Turn them inside out, problem solved.  Doh!  now I dont know which foot goes in which sock.

This will help gutter, it's got a handy 5X magnification in case you're visually challenged.................

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zadro-5X-1X-Dual-Magnification-Hand-Mirror-MAGNIFYING-AIDS-Free-Shipping...

Message 46 of 75
Latest reply

@enigmabearr wrote:

OFFENSIVE F WORDS ON SOCKS BEING SOLD IN MY OPINION IS VERY LOW AND DISGUSTING. WHY SHOULD OLD PPL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SEEING VULGAR LANGUAGE WRITTEN ON SOCKS WHEN THEY ARE SEARCHING TO BUY ?

Old people have nothing to do with it - it doesn't make anyone special, or more deserving of special treatment, not to mention the fact that many seniors revel in simply not giving a flying...fruit what society thinks anymore and swear like sailors.

Speaking in general, being offended by something doesn't mean anything, either, like it literally means nothing in and of itself. It doesn't automatically grant someone the right to modify other people's behaviour or rights. People thinking that when they are offended by something, it automatically means they have the right to exert control over others (because they can't control their own emotions) offends me, so, should that mean because I'm offended by your posts, you should be banned from the forums?

Of course not. 

Many of the sellers who list these items are located in China. Unfortunately that means, despite ebay's policies, they're unlikely to go anywhere.

You could always change your search terms... You would be required to type the word first, though. (Putting a - next to a word when you type it as a search means eBay won't show you any listings with that word in the title. Maybe you could get someone else to type it in while you close your eyes, and then never scroll to the top of the page lest you get a glimpse of the search bar). 

Message 47 of 75
Latest reply

I wonder if the OP, is as offended by the FCUK  Brand name items.  

Message 48 of 75
Latest reply

I am an old peep and I find nothing offensive unless it involves children or animals. Have certainly over the years worn t-shirts which the OP would be offended by. Guess how much I care!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 49 of 75
Latest reply

The seller could be an ‘old’ person for all we know

All the ‘old’ people I know care about things that actually matter and most of them have dropped a swear bomb at some point

But apparently our OP is a special one, alright to label a person a bad seller because they do not like a word on an item they are selling,alright to break forum rules twice,alright to continue to yell at people here,alright to ignore all the responses and advice

Would not be surprised to see yet another thread screaming about the same thing tomorrow

Message 50 of 75
Latest reply