I Think Buyers want everything for Nothing.

Sellers are not a welfare agency. They need to make a reasonable profit after all the many costs. If as a buyer you are not prepared to buy at the convienience Ebay offers, then go to your local charity shop.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Why would you tell your potential buyers where to go? They can only buy at the price you have set your listings too so make sure you set a price that you are happy to receive for your item,no-one is twisting your arms to sell at any other price than your happy with.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

tell them there is one condition if they want whatever they want , tomorrow morning the sun will raise from west !

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Always consider this:

If you want good oats, then you must pay a fair price, however,
if you want oats that have already been through the horse, well that comes a little cheaper ....

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I recently had a guy message me saying how he's the world's biggest fan of a certain car and has to have everything.  Then he proceeded to ask if I can do a better price on a print.  I knocked off 33% for him for 3 days and he finally replied saying he wants better.  I didn't reply, just put the price back up.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sadly the 2 newbies to the boards bumped a thread that's nearly 6 YEARS OLD...............original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

"I did'nt reply"

Shame you didn't exercise the same restraint when posting on a thread that was old when the Dead Sea was only sick.

Perhaps the mods could organise a working bee & lock a few thousand ancient threads.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

"I did'nt reply"

Shame you didn't exercise the same restraint when posting on a thread that was old when the Dead Sea was only sick.

Perhaps the mods could organise a working bee & lock a few thousand ancient threads.

I think that's the key to it. Personally, I would like to see any thread over 12 months old locked.

Someone once suggested that if they have a tab where they could 'lock all', they could use that then simply unlock the posts on the first page, second page and so on, till they got to the cut off mark. After that, it wouldn't be such a big job to keep up with.

You'd think there could be some computer program that could do it.

But we're constantly seeing people (often newbies) taken to task for replying to an old thread. I think the problem stems from those accessing these board via phones etc

They search for a certain term, a list of posts comes up, they read and reply to one.

What I have found on my phone is when I read this messageboard, the dates don't show. In fact, I can't even see who someone is replying to, unless they have quoted a section with that person's name in it.

I'm not too marvellous using smart phones, I'll admit, but if that is my experience, there could be other people replying to older posts because they can't see the date either and don't know they are old.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

How many times have I been caught out by that.  Wonder what makes people reply to such old threads.  They must do a search for the topic and the suggestions come up.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply