I can't sell any items on eBay at the moment

Hi,

I am trying to sell more items but can't log in? I can respond to emails, bid and buy, I can see 'My eBay', but I can't sell any items? It wants me to log in after the first page for selling an item then says there is a problem. Is the server down or being worked on atm?

Has put a spanner in the works for me timing my auction to finish.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I've had this problem before when re-listing, I get caught in a sign in loop. I can do anything else but sell, it just won't let me do that. It's been happening quite frequently. Customer service said I need to clear my cookies, that didn't help. I eventually got it working again by restarting my computer and not restoring sessions on my browser. I share your pain, it's so frustrating! (hence why I'm thinking of going elsewhere and saying bye bye to ebay for selling purposes!)

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Have you tried to list using another browser?   That usually works for me.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Hello,

I had trouble on Friday at 4.30pm but we all know Ebay does the housework, cleaning and polishing everything on Friday afternoons, them it starts to work again about 9.30 when the cleaners have gone home. So I did gave up, cooked dinner, had a beer and scanned items to list. No problems at all.

But, a couple of weeks ago I  created a new username. Listed and bought a few items to get some feedback necessitated signing out and singing in between my two accounts. It was like a cake shop, cookies all over the place causing the usual trouble of signing in and just getting nowhere except having to enter my password again; and again; and again.

Solution: Deleted Browing History and cookies, turned off the computer, waited a bit,  turned on the computer, went to Ebay, signed in without any trouble. No problem to do this.

Best wishes

Robert

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for that info guys!

I haven't turned off my Mac Since Thursday so I will shut down now and give it another go.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I can log in and create a new auction, but still cannot access any saved auctions. (i'll just cut and paste off the old ones)

I am happy to be able to get on and start though thanks for your imput guys you have stopped me stressing out! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

You don't have any saved auctions if you are using the ebay selling form it only saves the last listing you were working on. If you wan tto save multiple listings you need to download and use Turbo Lister.

If you want to stay signed in on more than one id just use different browsers, I use Chrome, Firefox and IE for the tree accounts I use most often, the only one with sign in problems is IE so I don't use that with selling ids.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You need to clean out your Internet History if you have been using a differnt account. I use CCleaner downloaded from filehippo.com

Clean after being on a profile, before going onto another profile you have. This will fix any problems and keep your computer running efficiently

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply