I'd like to know how Ebay seller ratings are fair.

1.) Every item I buy on Ebay arrives 3 - 10 days later than Ebay promises, yet the seller sends it on time. How is that the sellers fault?

2.) We are also a seller & we post our items within the promised period but we are held to account if US Post takes too long too delever it. How is this our fault?

3.) We constantly get told that that we're not answering all of our questions. Do I really have to answer a question, when a buyer says "Thankyou" or "All Good" . Wake up Ebay & stop being stupid & pedantic about nothing.

4.) When a buyer doubles up on an order, then refuses to answer all of your requests to cancel the double up, how are we held accountable for a non-smooth Seller Resolution?

5.) And "by the way" where it says "Out of Stock or other" what is Other. It just registers you as out of stock. Just say "Buyers fault" or "Sellers Fault" . But then I suppose, in Ebays eyes, nothing is the buyers fault.

Could you please get somebody with business experience to create your policies. Not a fresh faceduni student, bucking for a promotion.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What does the US post have to do with anything....you are an Australian seller?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

May be referring to a specific transaction - an item sent to an overseas buyer, perhaps?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Maybe the poster meant AUS Post.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

"Could you please get somebody with business experience to create your policies. Not a fresh faceduni student, bucking for a promotion."

me? why me?

maybe you could refer this to someone from EBAY?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@ozbushq wrote:

1.) Every item I buy on Ebay arrives 3 - 10 days later than Ebay promises, yet the seller sends it on time. How is that the sellers fault?

2.) We are also a seller & we post our items within the promised period but we are held to account if US Post takes too long too delever it. How is this our fault?

If ebay does not consider when an item has been posted(not received by a buyer) they just trying to screw sellers. Cause you are right, it is not a sellers fault if it arives after an estimated timeframe. I guess ebay just does not care as it does not care about a lot of things apart from money.

Wait for more to be sad with ebay, they are going to ban stores for an active content in 2017. I have none apart from small scripts trying to make my  own colour for listings and a store backround. And yet, they are sending me emails every week that they are going to ban my store.. Unless I change it myself or pay $500 for their nominated thrird party company to do it for me. They cannot even say in their emails that they are just going to revert all listings and store fronts to their normal state without active content. No, they says they will ban such a stores.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

As a buyer ebay will only hold the seller to account if you say the item has not arrived within the estimated time, as a seller yourself I hope you would always say it arrived on time unless you knew the seller was very late posting it.

As a seller as long as you upload tracking information before the end of your handling time ebay do not hold you to account, if you are sending without tracking then extend your handling time to allow for several extra days.

3.) We constantly get told that that we're not answering all of our questions. Do I really have to answer a question, when a buyer says "Thankyou" or "All Good" . Wake up Ebay & stop being stupid & pedantic about nothing

Can't say I have ever been taken to task for not responding to a message that does not ask a question.

4.) When a buyer doubles up on an order, then refuses to answer all of your requests to cancel the double up, how are we held accountable for a non-smooth Seller Resolution?

So don't offfer to cancel, just open an unpaid item dispute and then you get your fees back and the buyer gets a slap for being so careless.

5.) And "by the way" where it says "Out of Stock or other" what is Other. It just registers you as out of stock. Just say "Buyers fault" or "Sellers Fault" . But then I suppose, in Ebays eyes, nothing is the buyers fault.

How is it the buyer's fault if they do not get what they bought for any reason?

None of the above are my policies but I have no issue with any of them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@ozstockman wrote:

Wait for more to be sad with ebay, they are going to ban stores for an active content in 2017. I have none apart from small scripts trying to make my  own colour for listings and a store backround. And yet, they are sending me emails every week that they are going to ban my store.. Unless I change it myself or pay $500 for their nominated thrird party company to do it for me. They cannot even say in their emails that they are just going to revert all listings and store fronts to their normal state without active content. No, they says they will ban such a stores.

Did they say that? For all I know, they will just remove active content on listings?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If I click on an item in my store there is a box mentioning the removal of Active Content with the option to preview how your listing will look.

I have checked several of mine and all borders, backgrounds, pictures, links and text boxes are all displayed exactly the same as they are now.

I for one am not sure what exactly "Active Content" is dumb as that may sound but obviously I am not using any.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If I click on an item in my store there is a box mentioning the removal of Active Content with the option to preview how your listing will look.

I have checked several of mine and all borders, backgrounds, pictures, links and text boxes are all displayed exactly the same as they are now.

I for one am not sure what exactly "Active Content" is dumb as that may sound but obviously I am not using any.

Yeah I saw that, however I am under the assumption based on the post above that if you have active content on your listings after next year then they will ban your account for it. Initially I was thinking they will just not enable active content and your listing will look like how it looks on their preview.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply