I do not agree with E-Bays decision over my sale

Hi re Case # 5200043916

E-Bay has closed the case and refunded the buyer.

Please review the case messages where on 28 May the buyer posted twice that he did not receive my item together with I quote " WHOLE BUNCH OF STUFF"

It would appear that the items have be stolen in posting or at the delivery point.

I posted the item, and as the buyer did not request registered postage, I cannot say where it ended up.

Why was I not allowed to discuss with E-Bay during the review process before the refund was made.

John Andrijic  ( jakand10 )

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

i'm sorry but this is only the ebay members board - buyers like yourself - you should contact ebay direct.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@jakand10 wrote:

Hi re Case # 5200043916

E-Bay has closed the case and refunded the buyer.

Please review the case messages where on 28 May the buyer posted twice that he did not receive my item together with I quote " WHOLE BUNCH OF STUFF"

It would appear that the items have be stolen in posting or at the delivery point.

I posted the item, and as the buyer did not request registered postage, I cannot say where it ended up.

Why was I not allowed to discuss with E-Bay during the review process before the refund was made.

John Andrijic  ( jakand10 )

If you post without tracking or SOD you'll lose a INR dispute every time, it's not up to the buyer to pay extra for your protection, that's up to you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I am afraid that is something you need to take up with eBay

Mmebers of this forum are fellow buyers and sellers. not eBay staff (who do not read here)

If the item was sent as a letter/large letter (no tracking) eBay will said with the buyer every single time

Even in cases where the buyer is out and out fibbing about any issue whatsoever, eBay will always said with them

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

*Far too slow,Bear,far too slow
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

As Padi has posted plus I also sell some of the things that you sell and I always post with registered post requiring signature if I sell anything of great value that if it does get lost or stolen I'm then covered for it.

It's up to the seller in the way they post not the buyers responsibility and I see so many sellers stating in their listing that they're not responsible but in ebay's eyes yes they are.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

If you choose to post without tracking, that's the risk to you. A buyer is always going to choose the cheapest postage option as they know they are covered if something doesn't arrive. They know they will win 100% of the time if the item is sent untracked. Tracking protects the seller, not the buyer, so if you want tracking, it's up to you to pay for it, or have it as the only postage option.

As an aside, 1996 is not vintage.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Sounds like a very unfortunate situation.

Personally, anything valued over $40 goes with tracking, even for my international buyers.

I have tweaked my postage so that once a buyer makes multiple purchases it automatically calculates high enough to cover this.

Also, if the combined purchase price is high enough (say $100+), then I will add Extra Cover onto the tracking as Aus Post will only pay out $50.00 in the event of a claim with basic tracking. Again, if they are purchasing $100 worth of product, the combined postage will cover this anyway so that I am not out of pocket.

I don't give buyers a choice - the tracking is for my protection, not theirs.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Bear...Your spelling is terrible.' Member'  not mmeber..'Side'..not said.. Very slow indeed..

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

enigmabear, if you need this... canspellsmiley.gif

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply