I don't appreciate other sellers selling the same product I am who copy and paste my description!

I don't appreciate other sellers selling the same product I am who copy and paste my description that I wrote onto theirs!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I don't appreciate other sellers selling the same product I am who copy and paste my description!

I guess it depends how much effort you went to, to defend your images. I had a bit of a struggle on my hands in one case.

But I armed myself with all kinds of screen shots and references, even showed them original sources that were showing up on google. I also let them know that I prefer ebay to step in first so I don't have to take it further.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Just a thought as I only noticed it by chance. Site Preferences : Has a section : Share Photos Still not sure what it means but ticked the box to say no anyway.
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Good point, Helen. This is what it says:

Share your photos with the eBay product catalogue

eBay plans to use select seller-generated photos as part of its product catalogue and in related features. The photos you share will benefit the eBay community as a whole, both sellers and buyers. As a seller, you will have access to the photos in the product catalogue, which you may choose to include in your listings. This will mean that you will not have to source stock images yourself.

(might be worth checking you haven't been opted in)

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Hi,

Have exactly the same issue happening with a few of my listings.

Even right down to coping photo's and text in the description.

Have been wasting my time over the last few weeks reporting it to Ebay, using the tools they supply.

Pity they do not have anyone actually looking into it like they state.

Would appear they only apply the rules when it does not impact Ebay financially.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

RING eBay and give them the item number and seller ID of the person who has stolen your photos and description. Sometimes, sellers have sent a message to the seller who has stolen their listing details and asked them to remove it, or they will be reported to eBay for copywrite infringment and surprisingly, most will remove the listing. Worth a try. If they refuse, RING eBay and ask to speak to a superivisor. Better still, select the call back option. I believe the CS that call you back have slightly more brain cells than the ones you speak to when you ring them. Most people report that they are called back within a few minutes.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

same happened to me Clarry - there were 3 listings on the Aust site a few months ago and 6 on the US site - Chinese sellers using my Photos - watermarked.
I didn't bother to contact the sellers - but reported all the photos in one day - never got any reply from Ebay and the photos are still all being used.
Ebay don't give a toss - only inforce their own policies when it is of use to them.
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

sheep, I decided that the issue wasn't worth several hours on the phone in confrontation with CS.
I've just shrugged my shoulders and moved on.
I have a number of selling IDs and I used to contact Ebay on the phone about or sorts of things.
Not any more, it is far more productive to spend the wasted time and the confrontation effort on developing my business on other selling platforms and in other areas.
Each to their own.
Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I've successfully managed to get listing taken down where sellers have stolen my photos.  I tried reporting first, then sent a strongly but polite email to ebay on a daily basis.. last one took three days, but I have had a listing taken down within a couple of hours.

I never contact the seller.  I don't want to enter into a conversation with them.

I've also had listing removed from Gumtree.  That service was amazing and really fast.

There is one seller who took my photos that seems to be a serial taker.  She has listings with all sorts of mannequins, she couldn't possibly own them all.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

I have another seller who has used my photos. I contacted them and no reply. I reported to Ebay a few times and nothing has even happened.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply