I'm going away for 2 months. Is it better to close my store or put in holiday mode?

Trying to decide if its worth keeping the store visible, but no items for sale, while I'm away (I know this will cost me seller fees). I'm already using the opportunity to do early stocktake and potentially get rid of old stock.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm going away for 2 months. Is it better to close my store or put in holiday mode?

I think it depends on how much value you put on keeping everything listed while you're away, and / or being able to put up a holiday notice with a date you'll be open again (this is only available with a store).

Personally, I would keep my store subscription and just hide the listings, but I list a lot of multiple quantity items, some are a couple of years old with good sales history, and I have quite a few repeat buyers, so for me it would be worth paying the store fee to keep all that and indicate 'I'll be back', so to speak. ๐Ÿ™‚

I noticed you sell SH books, and I'm assuming it's one copy available per listing (?), so some of those things will likely be less important, but it's also worth mentioning that 2 months would put them right on the cusp of no longer being available (in order to relist from the original listings), so if you do end up closing the store, I'd back up the listings in another way. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks so much! That's really helpful. I hadn't thought about the 2 months-back up issue, so I will back them up. I think I will go to holiday mode - although its just occurred to me to downgrade my subscription for the period as well, so at least it won't cost as much.

Just annoyed I'll lose my paypal seller discount too! But no way around that unfortunately. I'll just have to sell lots when I get back ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again for your helpful reply!

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply