I need buyers mobile for shippng

Is there still a way to make it compulsory for a buyer to include a contact phone number when they make their payment?  I'm sure there used to be a way of setting it but its been a while since I've used ebay and can't seem to find it anywhere.  I need this for courier and shipping purposes and don't want to have to ask each individual buyer separately.

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Like chameleon and tangledstitches, I would agree.

When it comes to terms and conditions, I'm an advocate of sellers only saying what they need to - and to do so in a way that doesn't make the buyer feel uneasy or put off from buying from you. With that in mind, were I you I'd ditch -

• everything that is covered by eBay's own terms and conditions imposed on the buyer because it's already covered;
  • everything that is covered by eBay's own terms and conditions imposed on the seller because you can't override eBay's T&C to which you have agreed by ticking the "I agree" in eBay's User Agreement;
  • everything that is illogical (such as saying that it's the buyer's responsibility to check the listing, and in the same line saying that errors or omissions in the listing are unintentional);
  • everything that you can't actually do (such as giving 'appropriate' feedback to bad buyers) or enforce (such as wanting payment within 3 days);
  • everything that implies you are taking no responsibility whatsoever for what you've listed and what you sell (such as the errors & omissions bit, and the "no responsibility taken for loss or damage" bit);
  • everything that is perfectly obvious and doesn't need to be said (such as item not being shipped until it's been paid for); and
  • anything that doesn't focus on what you CAN do rather than on what you CAN'T or WON'T do.

Basically, T&C summing up what you have in your current T&C (but revised slightly to reflect a "pay by" period that is in line with what eBay permit you to allow & request) would be as follows:

Free courier delivery where applicable (not available for the following addresses: non-metropolitan/country areas, PO Box, or within TAS or NT).
Buyers are welcome to request insurance. Please contact us upon purchase (before paying) and wait for revised invoice.
Payment due within 4 days.
If any issues or problems arise with your purchase, please contact us and we will be happy to help.

Oh! And did you realise that you are opted in to Click & Collect? Some sellers have been opted in without their knowledge.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

The bit about insurance is superfluous. Why would a buyer pay extra for insurance when they're already covered by the money back guarantee. The buyers who volunteer to pay extra for it would be one in a million.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I use Aust Post and all phone numbers are included on the shipping label which is downloaded from ebay. 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

yes - you can requrie a mobile number from the buyer during checkout.

go to my ebay -> account settings -> site preferences -> postage preferences -> require phone number for postage - tick the checkbox and click apply :]

once you click this to "on" - during the payment process, if the buyer selects an address stored in their paypal account which does not have a mobile telephone number attached to it, they will be asked to select one that does, or won't be able to proceed with the purchase. i've only come across this a handful of times when buying and it's generally whenever a person uses a courier. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 7.24.26 pm.png

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply