I sold an Item listed with wrong title but photo & description correct

I just sold an item which (by my mistake) had a wrong title, but photos and description were totally correct (instead of writing 2AG14 I wrote 2FG14). On the photos was clearly written the code of the item (the right one).

Now the buyer claims money back (the payment is on hold) and of course has some right. 
As the photos and description were correct is there any ground to ask for partial payment just to cover the mailing expenses? Of course the buyer keeps the item.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Maybe ask on the forum for eBay Greece

Here in OZ, if the buyer were to open a not as described dispute, they would win no question

You would not get money for the postage to them either 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Itโ€™s 100% your fault. You listed it incorrectly.

Unless eBay is very different in Greece, you will almost certainly be forced to refund fully without getting the item back if you try to avoid accepting the return (for which you pay) and issuing a full refund including item price and original postage.

Best outcome: you apologise to the buyer, accept return request, provide postage as per eBayโ€™s policies, and issue full refund as per eBayโ€™s policies.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Buyers go very much on the details in the title & expect that to be accurate.

Even though one of your photos may have shown the correct code, the buyer probably looked at it but didn't compare it to the title, they just assumed it was the same one. It's not like it is an easy thing to pick out, the codes were very similar.

Totally your mistake, no grounds for expecting partial payment to cover mailing expenses. You caused the mix up, you shoulder the expenses.

Do as countess says,  accept the return request, pay for return postage, refund the buyer.

Double check all ads in future.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Maybe ask on the forum for eBay Greece

Here in OZ, if the buyer were to open a not as described dispute, they would win no question

You would not get money for the postage to them either 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Itโ€™s 100% your fault. You listed it incorrectly.

Unless eBay is very different in Greece, you will almost certainly be forced to refund fully without getting the item back if you try to avoid accepting the return (for which you pay) and issuing a full refund including item price and original postage.

Best outcome: you apologise to the buyer, accept return request, provide postage as per eBayโ€™s policies, and issue full refund as per eBayโ€™s policies.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Buyers go very much on the details in the title & expect that to be accurate.

Even though one of your photos may have shown the correct code, the buyer probably looked at it but didn't compare it to the title, they just assumed it was the same one. It's not like it is an easy thing to pick out, the codes were very similar.

Totally your mistake, no grounds for expecting partial payment to cover mailing expenses. You caused the mix up, you shoulder the expenses.

Do as countess says,  accept the return request, pay for return postage, refund the buyer.

Double check all ads in future.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Already done. 
Of course it was my mistake and I apologised to the buyer for that. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply