I thought my defect rate would go to zero this month until....

Some idiot decided to give me a low rating for postage time (which is a 1 or 2 out of 5) when I posted their order the same day and it arrived 4 business days later.

This guy is a real piece of work as well giving heaps of negs and neuts for postage times and other carp, I guess I'm lucky he didn't neut me, it has the same effect though.

Some buyers still don't get that it is for how long it takes to post out, the delivery time was good as well. I think ebay should block DSRs like this when they are given within the estimated delivery period, it would help a little anyway, instead of the BS "we have protected your seller account" emails that don't seem to include any real protections at all.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

hi dylan did I read this right ,you said I quess i'm lucky he didn't neut me, you are talking about a grey spot I hope. mmmm

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

lol. both meanings are suitable.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Yepp.. a guy gave me a neg two days after he purchased the item because it hadnt turned up. 

Ebay refused to remove the neg, despite me posting same day and Aus post's own postage times are longer than that.

It didnt have tracking, but after speaking with CS, tracking would have made no difference. They said the customer wasnt happy, so was allowed to give a neg, despite Aus Post times being out of my control and his statement unreasonable.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

ebays policy actually states that they will remove postage related negs if tracking says different. I figure the negger has to mention something about postage times in the feedback though.

I think ebay block buyers from INR and INAD email cases until the estimate has lapsed so I don't see why they don't do it for feedback.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Dont forget to extend your handling time to at least 5 days BUT still post on day one. This extends to EBay guesstimate of the total shipping time and helps prevent INR's and defects.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Most buyers don't even bother with leaving FB these days,unless they have their panties on.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You really shouldnt name buyers ID in your reply feedback.

As a buyer, that would put me off more than what your star ratings were.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

What I still don't get is why it takes a full year for a defect to dissipate for non-store sellers.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

It is volume/value based. Having a store, I can guarantee, does not reduce the period.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply