I used to use Internet Explorer to manage my store, but not anymore...

Hi, I thought this might be an interesting article to share (it's a quick read):

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140429144402-54592984-7-reasons-not-to-use-internet-ex...

Before I downloaded an alternative browser for managing my eBay store, I experienced daily frustrations online. At first, I thought it was eBay's fault but it gradually became clear that the much-loved (back in the day) IE couldn't cut it anymore. Buying and selling on eBay has been a dream (by comparison) since using a different browser.

Summary of article:

Reason #1 - IE is broken beyond repair. Literally there is no solution.

Reason #2 - You are safer from targeted software viruses by choosing other browsers or using an Apple product.

Reason #3 - Microsoft is a little slow in fixing Internet Explorer bugs.

Reason #4 - IE interprets code differently.

Reason #5 - No automatic updates.

Reason #6 - No synchronization.

Reason #7 - No compatibility.

My aim is not to slam IE, but if you've been experiencing lots of glitches, they aren't always due to eBay's programmers 'tinkering'. Your browser could be the culprit. Cheers 🙂

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: I used to use Internet Explorer to manage my store, but not anymore...

Hi annies_fancy_dress

My advice to upgrading to Windows 7 is to pay the extra and get the Professional version (as opposed to the Home version). There are some incompatibilities with older programs on the Home version.  If you get Home version first up, it shouldn't cost too much to upgrade later. 

I hope you get a great outcome!

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: I used to use Internet Explorer to manage my store, but not anymore...

They're a special breed.

nIm

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply