I want to put a picture of a item in the Description part of a listing.

I would like to put a picture in the description part of a listing.  Does ebay allow this or is it a big no no?.  The photo I want to put in is so much better than the other pictures I can take.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I want to copy and paste it to the description part of the listing.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, it is allowable.   When I add pictures to the body of the listing I select the correct URL from photobucket or wherever. Then I select revise the listing> html view. then I copy and pste the URL into the relevant area where I want the picture to appear. There are some instructions and a URL below from the ebay help section   .... now can somebody tell me why I cannot turn of the bolded highlight???? Man Frustrated

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/pictures.html

Self hosting for your pictures

You can link to pictures you've stored on another website (sometimes called self-hosting) rather than on eBay. For example, if you store pictures on an online storage space that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has given you, or on a website that stores pictures for you, you can enter the web address (URL) of a picture that's stored there using the Self Hosting tab. That picture will then appear in your listing.

If you don't see the Self Hosting tab, click the Add or Remove options link in the Bring your item to life with pictures section of the listing form. The Self Hosting tab will then be available (see the screen below).

To show more than one self-hosted picture on eBay, you need to use HTML in your listing. And to make your picture appear fairly quickly, the file size should be between 50 and 100 kilobytes (KB), depending on its dimensions. The maximum dimension should not exceed 1000 pixels so the picture can display without needing to scroll to view it.

Tip: If you already store pictures on another website or your own web server, consider using the Copy Web Files option for at least the first picture in your listing. That allows us to store a copy of the picture at the standard size used on eBay pages. It also reduces the traffic load on your website and, in most cases, loads the picture faster on the page.

atheism is a non prophet organization

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If it is your own picture I can't see why you can't put it in with your listing photos and if you did not take the photo yourself you cannot use it without the owners permission.

To get back to your question, you can upload a photo to a site like Photobucket and then link to it in your listing text.

Latest reply

I don't want to put it with the 12 photos that are allowed I want to put the photo in the actual description part of the listing.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I want to copy and paste it to the description part of the listing.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, it is allowable.   When I add pictures to the body of the listing I select the correct URL from photobucket or wherever. Then I select revise the listing> html view. then I copy and pste the URL into the relevant area where I want the picture to appear. There are some instructions and a URL below from the ebay help section   .... now can somebody tell me why I cannot turn of the bolded highlight???? Man Frustrated

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/pictures.html

Self hosting for your pictures

You can link to pictures you've stored on another website (sometimes called self-hosting) rather than on eBay. For example, if you store pictures on an online storage space that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has given you, or on a website that stores pictures for you, you can enter the web address (URL) of a picture that's stored there using the Self Hosting tab. That picture will then appear in your listing.

If you don't see the Self Hosting tab, click the Add or Remove options link in the Bring your item to life with pictures section of the listing form. The Self Hosting tab will then be available (see the screen below).

To show more than one self-hosted picture on eBay, you need to use HTML in your listing. And to make your picture appear fairly quickly, the file size should be between 50 and 100 kilobytes (KB), depending on its dimensions. The maximum dimension should not exceed 1000 pixels so the picture can display without needing to scroll to view it.

Tip: If you already store pictures on another website or your own web server, consider using the Copy Web Files option for at least the first picture in your listing. That allows us to store a copy of the picture at the standard size used on eBay pages. It also reduces the traffic load on your website and, in most cases, loads the picture faster on the page.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply