Store Questions

First off sorry if this sounds like stupid questions, but i have a lot of stuff that i would like to try and sell and i am considering opening up an ebay store and i was just wondering what happens to my current listings if i was to open up a store?

Also to have a store should you have an abn and pay taxes?, or is that for just if you sell over a cetain amount and for a sole income?, at the moment all of my items would be low in prices as they aren't worth that much but i like the benefits of a store and am only trying ebay for some extra pocket money not for a sole income.

Thanks,

Alicia

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Store Questions

hi Alley

you do not have to have an abn to open an ebay store

regarding taxes, ALL ebay income, big or small, needs to be added to your other incomes, wages, etc. and declared at the end of the year.

you cannot 'earn' money from one source (ebay) and say it is below tax threashold, if you have other income, when all added together would be a taxable income, doesnt matter if it comes from just ebay sales or ebay Store.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Store Questions

hi Alley

you do not have to have an abn to open an ebay store

regarding taxes, ALL ebay income, big or small, needs to be added to your other incomes, wages, etc. and declared at the end of the year.

you cannot 'earn' money from one source (ebay) and say it is below tax threashold, if you have other income, when all added together would be a taxable income, doesnt matter if it comes from just ebay sales or ebay Store.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Store Questions

Dtores are better suited to new items, especially if you have multiples of each item. I find second hand items sell much better using auction or BIN with best offer format so I sell on three ids, one store with up to 200 listings, one auction id with up to 40 and another for BIN so I am putting up 280 listings a month for a cost of $49.99

If you have a store then you willl not qualify for the 40 free auction listings.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply