Selling/How long do you wait for payment?

Hi fellow ebayers!! I am just wanting to know how long do i wait for payment on an item its going on 4 days today the buyer recieved the invoice and just a quick hi and just making sure you still want items! I have no reply from buyer as yet just making sure i do the right thing as a seller! Cheers!!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I allow 7 days, but you can initiate an unpaid item dispute after 4 day.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you so much i will give it a week and see what happens! I find it confusing only on this part thats why i am just wanting to make sure i have the right info! I always pay straight after i win the auction i dont bid other wise if i have no funds to pay then and there! But not everyone is going to be like me lol!

@colleenk4324 wrote:

I allow 7 days, but you can initiate an unpaid item dispute after 4 day.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I dont wait, if theres no communication its 4 days to pay and 4 days for the strike, I'm over these none payers

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I've got a non-payer of 6 days, I will be put in a DNP at 1.40 pm today, even though he has a 100% positive feedback of 670 with no false positives & nearly all say 'fast payment'.  The last feedback he gave was for 10 sellers on Aug 14 (he seems to give his feedback once a month).

By what U sell, I doubt whether your non-payer started with ua.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

ebay send you have purchased email day 1

ebay send payment remonder after 48 hours

I send invoice with 'gentle' reminder day 3

I open dispute day 4

Majority of buyers then make payment

For the odd one who doesn't I close dispute on day 8 and add them to my BBL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yeah I used to stress about it but then I had a very nasty experience with a buyer who after 2 weeks hadn't paid, I only had one contact from her right after the sale to say she wanted to buy more the next day is that ok? I replied yes and the usual let me know when you are done and I'll combine postage. at the 2 week mark I sent a message asking what was happening, did she want the item or did she want to cancel the transaction? I got a spewing of filth from her and negative feedback saying I attacked her??? (she hadn't paid). Took a couple of days working with ebay and got the feedback removed and added her to my blocked list and that's when I decided to stop being so accomodatiing. Unless a buyer contacts me and gives me an exact payment day (which is usually within the 4 days anyway) they get the UPI case opened and closed as soon as I am able. I don't send them a message or even worry about it. I've heard so many excuses and reasons but I know that I'm not so desperate for business that I will put up with rude or dishonest people. I've worked as a manager in retail and I always disputed the claim that the customer is always right. Manners and honesty are always right in my book. People who have a genuine reason to be peeved off usually are very easy to deal with, you fix the muck up and apologise. Anyone else is just trying to make you feel uncomfortable enough that you break the rules for them or give them free stuff!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply