If I cancel a sale for buyer do I get the ebay fees back?

pnc75
Community Member

Hi folks, need your help again. I have a buyer who wants to cancel a sale (because he didn't read the ad properly Size-wise). He hasn't paid yet.

My question- if I cancel the sale for him 'at buyer's request' will I get a refund of the ebay fee or do I have to go through the NPB to get it?  TIA.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You will get fees back for both cancellation and NPB. With cancellation, you risk them not accepting it, so you have to wait 10 days until you can close it, get your fees back and relist. NPB is 8 days total.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Generally 'buyer's request' cancellations go through fairly quickly. You will get your fees back. I think it was pretty much instant for the last few I did.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

There should be an option for them to request to cancel which you will then confirm. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

My eBay
>
Your refund is being processed
Order cancellation is pending

Your refund is being processed
You initiated a refund of AU $24.64 on 18 December 2019. Once it's complete, we'll relist your item(s) and send you an email.

So this is what happened. He hadn't paid, so why would they want to give hime refund? Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe if they pay it goes through straight away.

You have to remember that eBay is run by algorithms, not people. The cancellation algorithm obviously contains the bit about refunds in it's coded response.

You obviously don't need to refund a non-payment. You might have to wait for the 'buyer' to confirm the cancellation or wait for it to time out. If the 'buyer' rejects the cancellation you would probably need to point eBay to the message from the 'buyer' asking for the cancellation.

But at this stage, it is a computer running the process, so it is best to wait a few days to decide what, if any, further action is required.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, I contacted him and he said he'd received refund, so all is done and dusted. Thank you all for your help.

And Merry Christmas. I hope it's a safe and happy one for you all and your loved ones. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply