If your dont provide tracking, your days on ebay are numbered.

Australia Post seems to be getting slower and slower in delivering packages. Buyers can leave a defect for late delivery and there is absolutely nothing you can do if you don't provide tracking. Bear in mind that you dont get notified when someone leaves a defect so check your dashboard regularly.

I hear of many sellers who send items by letter post without tracking and I think it will be virtually impossible to avoid getting defects.Too many defects will affect your ability to sell on ebay.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

the poor bugger on the bike has to pedal faster lol

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

. . . . . . . .  I am thinking of changing back to one day handling for May as a bit of an experiment as sales have been dismal over the last few months and nothing else seems to be working, so I would like to see if the shorter handling time has any effect.

Very interesting.  I actually commented somewhere ? that on this ID my sales have plummeted dramatically - ever since I extended my handling time from 1 to 2 days and I can't help but wonder is it a coincidence or does it in fact have to do with the handling time ?  It will be interesting to hear back from you if it makes a difference Smiley Happy  At the present time, I'm too chicken to change back Smiley Embarassed.  The time & stress involved in trying to get a late delivery defect removed is just not worth it !

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

I have three day delivery on all selling accounts and sales have been quite good for the last couple of weeks.

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

Aah, so more than likely just another coincidence then Smiley Happy  I can never work out what works and what doesn't round here - seems it's forever changing.   I try one thing and it seems to work, then suddenly stops !  So I try something else and it ends up I can't tell what's coincidence and what does really work, if you understand what I mean.   And I know not everyone agrees, but this week, hardly coincidental IMO, the sales I have had have all been to NSW & Qld. 

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

@themotherjewel wrote:

If you are using letter post, I think it worth paying the extra 50c for priority post ( meant to deliver within 4 postal days), so far I have been lucky and only a few late defects a month

Priority stickers are a farce. My large letter items are not taking any longer to arrive than they used to. If anything, a lot are getting there quicker than before.

The postmaster at my local PO contacted 20 post offices around Australia and asked them to send him 2 letters. One with the priority sticker, the other without. Most arrived on the same day. The few that didn't, the ones without the sticker arrived a day or 2 before the ones with the sticker. I know 40 letters don't mean much in the big scheme of things, but it was a decent small study. He even said to me that it's just a money grab by AP and it doesn't make any difference.

Edited to add: I don't have any defects, let alone a few a month that you've got posting with the stickers. What does that tell you?

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

I Posted my first priority letter rate from country qld to wa, so waiting to see how long it takes, then will see how long an ordinary one takes , when I get another one to wa. Hopfully my customer will let me know when it arrives. I have asked her to email me.

I asked the lady at the AP, she said they go into seperate  bags over the counter. She also said that priority will take as long as it used too, before they started this garbage.

I have 3-5 days handling, but post within 2, nearest country store is 6ks away.

So if I get kicked out too bad, Ebay and AP will lose. No defects yet.

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

I've had priority ones take longer than normal ones. Same destination, same lodgement time. Did my own (one-off) test.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

@typhoon4u wrote:

My 12 "carrier reported" defects all came from tracked orders.

My latest, yesterday, from one which sat in a po for a week waiting for collection.

It was lodged over the counter the same day it was paid for.

I just cannot do any better than that.

I can't be bothered contacting ebay. Just wasting my time.

The more I deal with ebay and ap, the more I understsnd how out of touch and disfunctional they are....

When you lodge over the counter you MUST make sure that the item is scanned immediately.

If not, there will be no acceptance scan and you may not have a scan recorded at all until the day of delivery.

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

its a rort, is there a penalty for a priority letter not getting to the recipient in the time its supposed to?

like do AP refund your money if they fail to live up to the hoopla they told us before introducing this faster method of delivery?

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

I also have many international deliveries so I suspect my late defects are more from international but since I starting using them most buyers are recieving more quickly and my feedback now shows a lot more fast shipping comments, I have always been under 2% so I am fine to pay the extra 50c as I do feel I am getting my money worth. 

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply