Impressions keep dropping

My impressions continue to drop for the previous month . So one day it may show 5000 for a particular date then a few days later 4000 for the same date. Not effecting page views and would be curious if anyone has the same thing happening. 

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No idea. Do you know what an impression is? It is the number of times a listing of yours appeared in a search list.

It has nothing to do with anything relevant to selling items.

I have no idea how many impressions I have, nor do I care. Ditto 'Listing page views' or 'click-through rate'. My concern is with sales.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I would disagree as there is no use having your listings appear on page 2 if buyers are not willing to look that far down the list. My impressions are the same each month as well as page views just strange they dropped after showing a higher amount previously.

Not sure why it would change after being reported a certain number but that is not the strange part. I don't use promoted so my sales are the same each month unless I increase listings. But the last month sales are up and not by a little and with impressions dropping would  have expected sales to follow.  Paying promoted gets you more impressions so would expect more sales so a drop would be less sales.

Here is a what sales have increased yet my inventory is slightly down as I have not listed as much as usual. Not a bad problem to have but I'm not set up at the moment for that volume.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

By your own evidence impressions have no correlation with sales.

What is your issue?

My impressions are currently 80,094. Up 5%. What does that mean? Nothing

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I would disagree as there is no use having your listings appear on page 2 if buyers are not willing to look that far down the list.

By what criteria?

'Best match', 'price + postage', 'ending soonest'.

You cannot control how buyers search.

As you have stated, your sales are up.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

The issue is the historical data changed. Originally my impressions had not dropped but then around a few weeks ago they started to. As each day went by they dropped further which is strange when it is in the past. So did ebay over state my impressions and then corrected them which is unlikely as each days impressions is correct for my long term average. 

My impressions are usually 100 000 per month, went to 140 000 per month then dropped back to 90 000 as the historical data changed. So just a glitch I don't know and as page views are the same . The good part is sales are up and checking today shows up 85% without paying for promoted or increasing items available or selling anything different. As most items selling have been listed for over a year. 

I have a featured store as the fee savings make it worth while so when you increase sales by 85% for the past 31 days that is a huge increase. Not to mention the only extra work at the moment is packing parcels which may not be to bad if I was not in the middle of moving to a new location.

This graph may show better as you can see when they dropped and how the last 2 days are normal but after a week they start to drop and page views remain normal. I was curious to see if anyone else had experienced the same. 

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Likely not many are having an issue with their impression reporting graph. Here is a screen shot showing how the impressions from 3 days ago have dropped since the one I took this morning showing a higher number than now. 

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

You don't need to control how buyers search you just need adjust your listings to suit what search method buyers are using the most to get the most sales. 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote:

You don't need to control how buyers search you just need adjust your listings to suit what search method buyers are using the most to get the most sales. 

Interesting comment,  if you cant control how a buyer searches,  how do you know how to adjust the search to the method they use.  I'm confused.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Ebay does tell you if you know where to look. Increasing sales by 85% without resorting to promoted listings or sales does make a huge difference if you can figure it out for yourself. 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply