Incorrect Post Fees Showing on ebay site

I have seen a number of my listing and a number of other peoples listings in search that are 'free' post showing as significant post fees and then when you click into the listing the post fee is correct. I am not sure what it is eventually charged at!

I have not contacted ebay about this.

An example is to search 'Jurassic World Party Stickers' find my listings some charging $10 post when they are free!

Why is this happening?

Not contacting ebay as well honestly what's the point?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Another one...

Screenshot_2016-05-10-12-38-14.png

Screenshot_2016-05-10-12-39-32.png

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

I found a few more. I just made a new postage policy thingo' for the same amount as the original one I used and that seemed to have fixed the ones I have found. God knows how many more there is.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

The issue with this is that is it random. If you do the same search 3 or 4 times, it switches between FREE and the Express post Price. The issue I have is that my sales have now stopped as it has lowered my page rankl from number 1 (in price+opostage lowest first) to number 10. 

This tells me there is a faulty server in the server farm.

I removed all other posatge options and and now it says PICKUP ONLY. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

eBay should be compensating affected sellers. This is really bad. Seems to affect people who have Click & Collect more so  (but not exclusivly).

I hope this is fixed really soon. This is a serious bug and has had a massive hit on my sales.

Not happy!!!

Alyssa

p.s. does this only affect Australia. Or other countries too?

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

move.0n
Community Member

Thanks for highlifghting this. Was so hard to find any acknoledgement of the issue.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

HERE IS THE TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for contacting eBay about your listings that are inconsistently showing postage cost.

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. I understand that it should show the lowest postage cost/service that you offer as its default. Let me help you with it.

We have already raised it to our Technical Department and up to this moment, they are still working on it. We also received communication from them, explaining why it shows inconsistent postage cost. They said that our system is programmed and as of the moment can detect postage service with $ value. Supposedly, it will display the least postage in the search and since ticking the ‘Free postage’ icon in the listing form doesn’t have value in the postage cost field, sometimes it will detect the next postage service that you have which is express delivery and will show the $0.59.

At the moment, they advised us to revise the listing and untick the ‘free postage’ icon and type ‘$0.00’ in the postage cost field. I tried to do it in your listing, DANIELLE STEEL'S : HEARTBEAT | DVD | PG | REGION 4 | PAL | AU and see that it is now working as what it should be.

Kindly check the listing and try to search the item for confirmation. Please get back to us if you still encounter the same problem.

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thanks for choosing eBay. Take care and have a great day!

Warm regards,

Mario J.

eBay Customer Service

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

Im having the same issues with my store, AND, even things in my watch list are up the **bleep**e.
I have two items in my watch list, both second hand items, of the same thing, different sellers bla bla bla.
But in my watch list their prices are identical, I then click on the one which I know is not that price and their ad comes up with the correct price.
Riiiiight.

O.k this is totally wierd. 

I search on eBay for the same item and found two more sellers, selling the same item, second hand. I put them in my watch list and the price in my watch list is totally way off the actual listed price.

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

I have just found our listings are showing up with incorrect postage showing in search results.

All our items are FREE postage with an optional express fee of $10.55.

But in the search results it simply shows the +$10.55 as postage, meaning the buyer thinks the item costs $10.55 more.

But when you click into the listing it correctly shows as FREE post and then you can see the express is optional.

But by then the potential buyer has bypassed your listing and moved onto another seller.

You can see an example of this in the screen capture below.

Has anyone had any luck getting ebay to fix this issue.

I'm quite sure it would be costing as sales as all our listings have the express option and the few I have looked at are wrongly showing.

Shows_Express.JPG

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

this is how ebay is helping sales?

good thinking ebay make our items look more expensive.

that'll get sales moving.

better rename it 'glitchbay'

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

@game.0n wrote:

We have already raised it to our Technical Department and up to this moment, they are still working on it. We also received communication from them, explaining why it shows inconsistent postage cost. They said that our system is programmed and as of the moment can detect postage service with $ value. Supposedly, it will display the least postage in the search and since ticking the ‘Free postage’ icon in the listing form doesn’t have value in the postage cost field, sometimes it will detect the next postage service that you have which is express delivery and will show the $0.59.

Has anyone tested if this works, it might be a useful workaround if so (though I know it's a PITA and ideally wouldn't be necessary). 

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

Mine appear to be showing OK on all accounts and I have express as an option in all listings. Even the large letter items are showing the true postage as $1.50.

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply