Incorrect Post Fees Showing on ebay site

I have seen a number of my listing and a number of other peoples listings in search that are 'free' post showing as significant post fees and then when you click into the listing the post fee is correct. I am not sure what it is eventually charged at!

I have not contacted ebay about this.

An example is to search 'Jurassic World Party Stickers' find my listings some charging $10 post when they are free!

Why is this happening?

Not contacting ebay as well honestly what's the point?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Just browsed some listings from other sellers.
It seems if your listing has Free postage but no other postage options then Free Postage will appear on the search results.
But if your listing is free postage and has another postage option then it is the option that shows as +amount. This is clearly incorrect and would give buyers a negative impression of the full cost if your item.
Sooo wrong.
Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

Tippy if your listings show separate postage then it will display correctly. The problem only seems to occur when your lusting advertised Free postage but with another optional postage cost such as express.
Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
Tippy if your listings show separate postage then it will display correctly. The problem only seems to occur when your lusting advertised Free postage but with another optional postage cost such as express.

Made my day Clarry..............................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

I just realised I quoted the wrong bit in my last post.... Smiley Embarassed

clarry - just to confirm, when you create your listings, in order to show the first option as free post, do you tick the "free postage" check box, or do you enter $0.00 in the postage cost field?

According the the eBay rep in the bit I meant to quote, the current workaround for this glitch is to have $0.00 entered into the field rather than free postage ticked (as I said, it shouldn't be necessary and even bulk editing can be a pain in the you-know-what, but if it works it's probably worth it). 

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

Thanks DG for clarifying that for me. Must admit I was not on top of what you meant but now I see it.
My computer is all shut down for the night so will check this in my postage policy in the morning and let you know. But I think I have the free postage option ticked.
If it needs to be changed for me it's quick & easy as we are using business policies and so only need to make one change to update all listings.
Thanks again for the tip.
Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

DG thanks so much for this tip...

I went into my postage policy this morning and unticked the FREE Post option and entered $0.00 for postage cost.

Now all my listings are correctly displaying as FREE POSTAGE and not showing the express cost as +$10.55 Postage.

Should be much more attractive to buyers.

Hopefully our dismal sales will pick up a bit now.

The following pics hopefully show what I did and the results.

Possibly should make this a thread of its own as it could solve this problem for lots of other sellers.

Postage.JPG

Express_Shows_Before.JPG

Express_Shows_After.JPG

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

We lost a lot of sales to this bug. Our sales stopped coming and after a few weeks i decided to investigate and found this bug.

Since fixing it, we have been going gangbusters.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply