Incorrect feedback

So upset. I am unemployed and have worked so hard for a positive seller rating. Just before Christmas get a message from a seller that she has incorrectly hit the negative button. Mind you the comment is positive. Rating immediately drops by 8%. I send a message asking her to notify eBay which she doesn't reply to. I contact eBay and they say to send her an amendment form. It has expired. For all I know she is on holidays and they will not remove it without her permission - even though they can see it is positive!? Like, what is with that? And, who does stuff like this - stuffs up your rating and does not make any effort to rectify it. I am just gobsmacked at the whole deal and also wondering why I am expected to chase the buyer up. Like, what am I paying fees for? Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Incorrect feedback

We had this exact situation recently on one of our shops.

Positive comment but big red button.

We contacted the buyer about what looked like an accidental NEG, but like you, got no reply.

After waiting a couple of weeks I contacted ebay about removing it and they did immediately.

I read somewhere on another thread that this is one of the occasions when ebay will remove a NEG even without buyer consent.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Incorrect feedback

Your neg seems to have disappeared Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Incorrect feedback

We had this exact situation recently on one of our shops.

Positive comment but big red button.

We contacted the buyer about what looked like an accidental NEG, but like you, got no reply.

After waiting a couple of weeks I contacted ebay about removing it and they did immediately.

I read somewhere on another thread that this is one of the occasions when ebay will remove a NEG even without buyer consent.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Incorrect feedback

Thanks, will try customer support again. The account is my business one, not this one. I wish it was removed but it is still there. Thanks again for the advice!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply