Incorrect postal address

I had to post an item today and the name of the street said Deaside Close, for some reason the name didn't sound correct to me so I googled this street and the suburb didn't have a street by that name.

It suggested that there was a Seaside Close, as it isn't a very big suburb I figured they had just made a typo in their details and sent it to Seaside Close. D is next to S on the keyboard.

Anyway I emailed the person to tell her of her error in spelling and said I had posted it off this morning.

She just replied with the correct spelling for her street is DeaNside Close.

Their just happens to be the same street number in Seaside Close and Deanside Close in the same sururb and they are about 3ks away fron each other.

Is their anything I can do other than contacting their local PO tomorrow morning, or would the buyer need to do this?

Can the PO change to get sent to the right street name?

Never happened to me before, we both got incorrect spelling.

Thankyou

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Incorrect postal address

Cross your fingers and hope for the best.  I've received email with my name but mispelt street names and suburbs.  I think AP keep some kind of record which can match things up reasonably well, like Google corrects things when you search.

Otherwise, get on the phone to AP and ask what to do.  Hopefully you put your "from" details on the parcel in case it bounces back.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

Contact your buyer and tell them to create a (free) My Post account on the AP website. Oncee they have signed up and set it up they can enter the tracking number. Up until the point where tracking says it's for delivery that day they can intercept it and get it redirected to a different address.

That's about all they can do short of going to see the people in Seaside Close and asking if they can contact them when the parcel arrives. I'd definitely try the My Post option first though.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

Yes my full details are on the back of the package
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

Tippy the best advice is as you have said via the MyPost account. Even a call to AP cannot do the redirect.
The only thing I could add is that AP may charge a redirection fee to do this.
I just asked my son about this situation as he works in the Brisbane contact centre. He confirms the best way is for the buyer to set up a MyPost account and do it from there. And as you say too this has to be done before the tracking shows on board for delivery.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

Be prepared for the package to be returned to you.

You should have waited for the buyer to correct the address.

As there were mistakes on both part, I would suggest that you both pay half the cost of resending the parcel if it comes back to you.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

If the package is returned to you there may be a return fee and you will also have to pay to resend it to the correct address.
The quickest and cheapest way is to go via a MyPost account, or the buyer needs to pay a visit to the people at the incorrect address to arrange for collection when it does get delivered. Either way they need to act quickly now.
If their phone number is listed on the order I would call them and discuss the situation. I think ad the seller I would offer to cover half of any fees incurred as in this case there has been fault on both sides.
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

It may not be returned.    There is someone living at the address on the parcel.

Are they honest?   

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

Yes that what I'm most worried about imastawka
I have emailed her to open a MY Post account explaining what to do but haven't heard back yet.
She had over 700 feedback, surely everyone would have posted to her at the incorrect spelt address too, seems odd that she hadn't noticed the wrong spelling on every parcel
thankyou to everyone for your advice.
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Incorrect postal address

Has she received/left other recent feedback that suggests she has received goods just recently?
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply