International Listing

I have listed some items for international sale yet they do not show on any of the ot the other ebay sites like in the US. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

International Listing

In order for international listings to be searchable on the US site (and UK site), you actually need to meet a couple of minimum requirements (from memory, it's at least 10 feedback for sales, but I'm pretty sure some timeframes apply as well, eg the first sale needs to be at least 90 days old).

Once you have established youself as a seller and met those requirements, your items should be searchable on the other sites, but to give them the best chance of being seen, it's recommended to specify postage costs to the UK / US separately, even if it's the same as your worldwide flat rate. 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

chezzy
Community Member

I took one of your listing numbers and tried it on the ebay.com site - it showed up fine for me.

But if I select US for delivery it shows a price of around $40 for AusPost Registered Post International Padded Bag 500g.

Is that right, for a $49 pair of earrings? One of the reasons I ask is I was contemplating selling overseas but if registered

is going to cost that much for something so small I think I will forget the idea.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

@chezzy wrote:

I took one of your listing numbers and tried it on the ebay.com site - it showed up fine for me.

An item number search will show the listing, but a general keyword search won't, so there's no way for OS buyers to find it via a normal search.

I use Pack & Track for small (<under 500gm) items when sending overseas and I want tracking, which is just under $20 to the US, and $24.20 to most other countries, otherwise they're thankfully small and inexpensive enough to go as large letters, which is $6.45 (the customs number is often trackable, as well, either on the destination country's postal service site, or via a universal tracking site, so I've been scanning the addressed package with the customs form attached before I lodge them, in case it ever comes in handy).

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

Hi DG

I was kind of 'budgeting' $20 to $25 and want to try a few smaller items for starters. Registered includes cover of $100, am just looking at the Australia Post page now. For registered it is saying $20.10.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

It does too... I could have sworn it only cost me $19-something the other week (to the US). Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

It's a crazy jump for my items ($6.45 or $24.20, same size and weight, same destination, only difference is it's officially tracked). I'm pretty sure registered and Pack & Track are generally the same price, at least for the lower weight brackets, but registered isn't officially tracked (but probably can be in a simlar way to the customs number) and registered gets a signature on delivery, though an online status of delivered is however just as good as SOD for items under $750, including postage, when it comes to eBay / PayPal claims).

I'm not actually sure if P&T has any included insurance (I haven't sent anything worth more than $70 so far, so I haven't looked too much into it), but it's weird that you can't purchase extra cover for registered or P&T packages (the AP site says it's only an option on regular air or sea mail o.O ). 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

Not sure if you have had a chance to check any of the OP's listings but via the official Australia Post site I get prices (for Registered Post International 500g) to US $20.10 (OP listing shows $40.10) and to UK $24.20 (OP listing shows $44.20). I am checking the listings via the american ebay.com

Is this an ebay glitch?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

@chezzy wrote:

Is this an ebay glitch?

Looks like calculated postage is being used, so that, or a $20 handling fee. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

Pack & Track does NOT include compo or allow for extra cover

Registered International INCLUDES $100 cover

I am leaning towards Registered because of the automatic cover.

For me the feature of tracking is neither here nor there as I don't

find it particularly reliable for local or overseas stuff - I certainly

don't find tracking to be regularly updated, some items in my

experience are never updated *shrugs*

Here is easy guide to International Post so features can be quickly compared (not sure if there is a more up to date one?):

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/international-post-easy-guide-ms160-7oct2013.pdf

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

International Listing

@digital*ghost wrote:

@chezzy wrote:

Is this an ebay glitch?

Looks like calculated postage is being used, so that, or a $20 handling fee. 

Well, I won't want my buyers seeing a price that is double the actual postage price, I will have to quiz ebay about that one

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply