Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

At what point will ebay take a cut of postage?

Hi guysI know this commences in May. I was contemplating listing some items this week, normally I do 3 or 5 day listings. Am not sure if I am 'safe' to do any before the new fees kick in - the last hurrah - might depend on WHEN they claim these fees....

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Difficult buyer

Just a quick one for the "Special List". Had a buyer over the weekend who bought and paid for a brand name item and for Express postage, THEN starts peppering me with emails questioning its authenticity (8 emails from her). I responded that as far as...

buyer wants to cancel after payment has been made

Hi guys... looking for some advice. I sold an item to an overseas buyer yesterday and he immediately paid via paypal I wake up this morning to a message from him asking for me to cancel his order as he made a mistake.I think he realised that as this ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Item taken down due to infringement problem! Help!!!

Please help me My authentic item was taken down due to infrindgment issue. I have been selling pre loved designer items for years and this is the very first time this has happened to me. I was selling my authentic Louis Vuitton bag charm which I only...

Old seller, making a small scale return to selling .. Postage/Returns/Restocking fee?

Hi there! Trying to get my head around the new ebay and have started reading some of the new policies. As I understand it, eBay is strongly encouraging listings with "free" postage: i.e. postage included in the price. If I don't do this, search visib...

Sniping -- How can it work?

I've seen a bit of chat on here about snipe bidding. I understand that the idea is to place a bid in the last second or so of an auction so that your opposition does not have a chance to respond with a better and the sniper wins. Is this the idea? Bu...

• 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Adding tracking numbers

Is anyone else having problems adding tracking numbers on combined postage items. Had 2 combined parcels to add tracking numbers on today. First parcel had 14 items and I was able to add the tracking number to each item. But the second customer I cou...

Postage and Profits

Hi I havent sold on ebay for over 10 years, and have just started again I am shocked by how much it costs to send a 500g satchel $8.25 in 2004 it was $4 something I was wondering if sellers find that having to charge more for postage has affected the...

Professional eBay Sellers Alliance (PeSA)

An amusing email comes from Ebay asking sellers to attend the 'annual' conference with some group called PeSA for the low low price of $595 to talk with other sellers and so called 'experts' in learning how to sell on Ebay I imagine.Well, Ebay, I can...

• 9 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Have I misunderstood this? Feeling stupid

I thought 3 out of 5 stars was universally acknowledged as satisfactory (or average)? I also thought Neutral meant 'neither good or bad' It's just confusing to me, as I notice eBay is going to count them both as defects Is eBay allowed to change the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Spoof Paypal emails

Hi just to make everyone aware there is a new round of Paypal spoof emails going around.I have forwarded it to Paypal, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Resolved! Out of 12 sales 4 are repeat sales as the highest bidder has refused to pay how can this be minimise

Am still new to selling on Ebay out of 12 sales 4 are repeat sales due to the highest bidder not paying - how can this be minimised? When I have looked at the Feedback the majority of these buyers have done this before but it has been recorded in fee...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful