Invoice/Packing Slips print with some gallery images not loading in time

I print all the day's packing slips at once using Postage > Print Postage Labels or Invoices > Invoice/Packing Slip. This opens a new window with all the packing slips and gallery images for each product, and automatically also opens the Print dialogue, ready to print. On my invoice template I've ticked "Show Gallery Image".

So, say I have 10 orders for the day... In the last week, I've been having a problem where only half of those orders show any gallery images on the packing slip. The rest show a blank spot where the image didn't load - see screendump. Even if I create only one invoice, with only one product, the gallery image is usually blank.

I think what's happening is that the page of packing slips stops loading as soon as the Print dialogue box opens, so there isn't enough time for all the gallery images to load. Refreshing the page doesn't fix the problem because the Print dialogue box simply opens too fast again.

My internet speed was recently doubled (thanks Telstra, I guess) and seems to coincide with this problem getting worse.

Is there a way to stop the Print dialogue box opening automatically? Like, a key on my keyboard to hold down?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not the same but I open my orders in it's own new tab and it usually has a small picture of the main gallery photo. For the last week there's been that grey 'no picture' photo there instead. I assume both these pages pull from the same source and it's an ebay server issue.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Try canceling the print dialogue, then right-clicking and selecting 'save as PDF' - with any luck, the images will download to the doc and you can print from the PDF (I haven't tested this, as I don't use the option to add gallery images to my packing slips). 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Nevermind - decided to adjust my settings and test it; doesn't work... 

I'd agree that it's an eBay issue, as it has that double polaroid image in place of the gallery images, which is an eBay graphic when pics can't load. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The thing is, when I go to the "Awaiting Postage" tab, I can see the gallery images fine. So they're in my browser cache (I imagine), yet don't show up when I create the invoice page -- which implies my browser is re-downloading (or rather, failing to re-download) them to create that page.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply