Invoices not being sent to customers

I have been having a few problems with invoices of late.

Its only for items that have freight as the postage option. I then have to manually input the freight charge depending on the location of the buyer. I use this method for large and bulky goods.

Three buyers in three days have purchased bulky items. Each time I have put in the freight cost and press send (send invoice).

I then get the buyers asking me for an update, as Ebay wont let them pay until I have put in the freight charge. I have contacted Ebay about the glitch. Ebay stated that I have done it correctly (they looked up each transaction) and that the customer should not be having this problem.

Two of the buyers have now asked for a cancellation of the item. They want the item, but stated that they do not want to keep on waiting.....

One of the buyers contacted eBay regarding this issue. Ebay stated that I had not put in the freight cost. (I was sent a copy of the transcript from the buyer). I told the Ebay rep that I spoke to about this. Conflicting stories within eBay.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Invoices not being sent to customers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am a buyer only, but yes, I have had the problem.

I bought a small item item from China on Christmas Eve.  There was no postage on the invoice but an ebay message telling me to ask the seller to add the postage or to ask the seller to exempt me from their blocks.  Huh?  What blocks?  He sold worldwide and I was able to buy the item.

I asked for the postage to be added to the invoice, not expecting to hear back for a number of days.  About 4 days later he replied with apologies for taking so long and an invoice which came to my in box.

When I went to pay through checkout the postage amount was still not showing but the message was.

This went on for 14 days...I felt so sorry for the seller as he was obviously struggling with English.  In the end he just cancelled the transaction.  I was rather annoyed....more with ebay than the seller though.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Have you asked your buyers to check their junk folder? Ebay emails sometimes go straight to junk mail especially if it is a web based email address like yahoo or gmail etc.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

sure have. they also state that when the go to purchase history, the freight cost does not show up there either.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I was lucky enough to receive a phone call from another seller today regarding this issue (after he saw this post).

He said he has had similar problems, however, it only occurs when buyers are using iphones or tablets. If they try to log in using their computer, they will not have this problem.

I have contacted my buyers that have had this problem. Two have replied back and both have said that they have tried to use a phone to pay.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is not always  the case aquariumsupermarket.

I do not own an iphone or a tablet and am paying using the same laptop I have used for the last 3 years.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal1838,

Are you saying you have this problem whilst using a laptop?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, that's right aquarium.  I have not used anything but this laptop or my OH's laptop for 3 years now.  The desktop is sitting lonely and unloved in the study.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

This has been a massive issue for us also. We use freight option in alot of our listings. It doesnt matter how many times we re send the invoice for the buyer they are still not receiving it.

Extremly frustrating!

We have contacted customers asking them to pay via pay pal by using the send money tab.

Most buyers have accepted this option but a coupek have out rightly refused as they dont understand why they cant pay via Ebay.

This has been happening for some time.

Soem days are worse than others.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply